This is an electronic version of the Lean Lexicon 4th Edition. It's available as a single download or in multiple downloads.
The new Lexicon, first published in January 2003, is 125 pages, containing 61 illustrations and 193 key terms from A3 Report to Yokoten. The Lexicon already covers such key lean enterprise terms as jidoka, kanban, kaizen, lean consumption, lean production, lean enterprise, pull production, standardized work, takt time, Toyota Production System, and value-stream mapping. It also has a simple, one-page guide to pronouncing Japanese terms.
The new terms are:
- Dashboard (strategy deployment)
- Fulfillment Stream (supply stream)
- Look-Ask-Model-Discuss-Act Cycle (product and process development)
- Lean Product and Process Development (product and process development)
- Trade-off Curves (product and process development)
- True North (strategy deployment)
- Useable Knowledge (product and process development)
These terms were updated with new information or graphics:
- Chief Engineer (product and process development)
- Lean Thinking
- Set-based Concurrent Engineering (product and process development)
- Strategy Deployment (strategy deployment)
Unlike most other business glossaries in print or online, the Lexicon is focused exclusively on lean production and lean management.
Like the past three editions, this edition of the Lean Lexicon incorporates improvement ideas from our customers. We welcome suggestions from managers, executives, engineers – everyone in the expanding Lean Community of manufacturing, service, and healthcare companies. Suggestions for additions and improvements are welcome and should be sent to email@example.com.
This e-book is enhanced with a keyword search, embedded links for related terms, and a linked table of contents making it easy and fast to use. You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this ebook.
If you purchase one copy of the ebook you will be presented a link (both on screen and in email) to your download your copy after checkout.
If you purchase 2 or more copies you will be presented with two links; one for you to download your copy and one for your colleagues to use to download the additional copies you purchased. Please note once the number of purchased copies are downloaded the link will stop working.
LEI is not responsible for a lost, stolen, or misused link, so please be careful with it. Should you lose your link please contact LEI at firstname.lastname@example.org.