Lean Lexicon 4th Edition
by Lean Enterprise Institute, Inc.
List Price: $25.00
20% discount on purchases of 10-49 copies
Read The complete set of LEI Workbooks >
50% discount on purchases of 50 or more copies
ABOUT THIS ITEM
Also availale in an electronic version from LEI as a single download or in multiple downloads for multiple users.
The Lexicon, first published in January 2003 and most recently updated in 2008, is 125 pages, containing 61 illustrations and 193 key terms from A3 Report to Yokoten. The Lexicon covers such key lean enterprise terms as jidoka, kanban, kaizen, lean consumption, lean production, lean enterprise, pull production, standardized work, takt time, Toyota Production System, and value-stream mapping. It also has a simple, one-page guide to pronouncing Japanese terms.
The new terms are:
- Dashboard (strategy deployment)
- Fulfillment Stream (supply stream)
- Look-Ask-Model-Discuss-Act Cycle (product and process development)
- Lean Product and Process Development (product and process development)
- Trade-off Curves (product and process development)
- True North (strategy deployment)
- Useable Knowledge (product and process development)
These terms were updated with new information or graphics:
- Chief Engineer (product and process development)
- Lean Thinking
- Set-based Concurrent Engineering (product and process development)
- Strategy Deployment (strategy deployment)
Unlike most other business glossaries in print or online, the Lexicon is focused exclusively on lean production and lean management.
Like the past three editions, this edition of the Lean Lexicon incorporates improvement ideas from our customers. We welcome suggestions from managers, executives, engineers – everyone in the expanding Lean Community of manufacturing, service, and healthcare companies. Suggestions for additions and improvements are welcome and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publisher: Lean Enterprise Institute, Inc.
Number of Pages: 125