At the 4th Annual Lean Healthcare Transformation Summit, you will learn how innovative experiments are changing the way we deliver and pay for healthcare with a focus on value. You'll learn from leaders and pioneers forging new paradigms for the healthcare system.
There will be special keynotes by Dr. John Toussaint, Paul O'Neill, Francois de Brantes, Alan Gleghorn and Jim Womack, coupled with down to earth, real experiments from pioneers breaking new ground every day.
Come spend two intense days, learning from thought provoking keynotes, a topical panel discussion, interactive learning sessions and the industry's very best networking. There's no better opportunity to develop new relationships, hear actionable, no-nonsense advice from pioneers in the Healthcare Value Network and gain new perspectives no matter where you are in your lean journey.
- Keynotes with Dr. John Toussaint, Paul O'Neill, Francois de Brantes, Alan Gleghorn and Jim Womack, leaders within healthcare and the lean community.
- Concurrent Learning Sessions offer practical advice in small interactive sessions where you can learn, discuss, and reflect.
- Pre-Summit Workshops build skills or introduce concepts that you'll need to make your transformation successful and sustainable.
- The CEO Panel is your chance to hear and ask questions with senior leaders who are directly engaged in experiments within their organization's lean transformations.
- Limited attendance gives you ample time for discussions and follow-up questions.
- Summit networking is a high priority with breaks, receptions, and luncheons providing many formal and informal ways for you to connect with counterparts who are tackling the same challenges that you face today. Don't forget your business cards!
- Continuing Education information:
- Complete CME, CNE and ACHE II credit information can be found here.
Who Should Attend
The Summit is the one event designed for your entire leadership team. Don't go it alone! Learn together with colleagues, it's an excellent way to get your team on the same page.
The 4th Annual Lean Healthcare Transformation Summit is brought to you by the ThedaCare Center for Healthcare Value and the Lean Enterprise Institute. Our partnership brings together two of the world's leaders in lean thinking, with a combined 20 years of experience in lean implementation and education. Our combined mission is to fundamentally improve healthcare delivery through lean thinking and the Annual Summit is one of the ways we share our knowledge with the world.
Established in 2009 with 14 original members, the Healthcare Value Network unites healthcare leaders through peer-to-peer learning experiences in real world settings. Together, these leaders develop relationships, share knowledge, conduct experiments and access the best resources to accelerate their organization's system transformation.
Personalize your Summit experience by exploring topics that you told us were important. In small interactive sessions where you can learn, discuss, and reflect, you'll discover applications and methodologies on the frontier of lean thinking in the healthcare community. These sessions will be offered multiple times during the Summit so you will have the opportunity to participate in multiple sessions. More sessions and details will be added in the near future. Check back for updates.
Most Learning Sessions run simultaneously, twice each day except where otherwise noted.
Limited Attendance - We set a ceiling on the number of attendees so you'll have ample time for discussions or to ask presenters follow-up questions. The Summit is designed to be the best networking venue in the Lean Community by providing formal and informal ways for you to connect with counterparts facing the same challenges as you:
- June 4th - Welcome Reception (get to know fellow attendees prior to the start of the Summit)
- Networking Breaks (30 minutes to allow time for a phone call, cup of coffee, and conversation)
- Lunch Roundtables (attendee-led discussions on topics you told us were important to you)
These in-depth one day workshops will help you build practical skills for addressing "people" issues as well as technical ones you will encounter during a lean transformation. For more information on Pre-Summit Workshops click here.
This year's Pre-Summit Workshops are:
- Creating a Lean Management System - Both Sessions Sold Out
- Assessing and Accelerating Your Lean Transformation
- The Shingo Model - Sold Out
- From Fire Fighting to Continuous Improvement: Sharpening PDCA Problem Solving Skills- Sold Out
For the first time our Pre-Summit Workshops are being offered to those not attending the summit. Summit attendees who choose to attend Pre-Summit Workshops will receive a discounted rate.
Register for the Summit online by clicking the button above or call 617-871-2900 between 8:30 AM and 5:00 PM EST Monday through Friday.
$1,400 USD The registration fee includes participation in the Summit, participant materials, welcome reception on June 4, and food (breakfast, lunch, and snacks) for both days. Pre-Summit Workshops are available for Summit attendees on June 4th for an additional fee.
Confirmation, Cancellations, and Substitutions
Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email. To receive a full refund, notice of cancellation must be received by May 6, 2013. After this date there will be a $350 cancellation fee.
Substitutions may be made at any time before June 3, 2013.
If you have any further questions please contact the Lean Enterprise Institute at 617-871-2900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here's what attendees said about last year's Summit:
"The Lean Summit provides a valuable opportunity to network with individuals from other healthcare organizations who are either on the same level of lean implementation or who have additional years of experience. It's great to share your experiences, but even better to bring back new ideas."
- From Trauda Gilbert,
Akron Children's Hospital