In 2014, there will be two days when you can learn directly from the lean healthcare leaders who are making real change and getting real results in how we deliver and pay for healthcare.
On June 4-5, the lean healthcare community will gather in Los Angeles, CA, for the 5th Annual Lean Healthcare Transformation Summit to hear from the people and organizations that are moving healthcare transformation closer and closer to a positive tipping point.
If you want to know how to deliver better patient outcomes in less time and at lower cost, if you want to learn about new ways of getting paid, if you need information and data but cannot access it, if you want to permanently eliminate the healthcare waste you see, if you want to directly question senior managers who are leading change, then join us.
- Special keynote presentations by leaders in the healthcare and lean communities:
- John Toussaint MD, Founder and CEO, ThedaCare Center for Healthcare Value
- Patrick Conway MD, Deputy Administrator for Innovation and Quality & Chief Medical Officer, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Kim Barnas, a former senior vice president at ThedaCare, author, and faculty member at the ThedaCare Center for Healthcare Value
- James Hereford, COO, Stanford Hospital and Clinics
- John Shook, Chairman and CEO, Lean Enterprise Institute
- An expanded focus on all components of healthcare transformation, including Transparency and Payment Reform
- Sessions featuring leaders in the provider, employer, insurer, and government communities that have learned to create transparency of performance, care delivery with less waste and fewer errors, and payment systems that reward patient value creation
- The rare opportunity to hear and question senior leaders on our CEO Panel who are directly engaged in their organization's lean healthcare experiments
- Pre-Summit Workshops that build the skills you and your team will need to make your transformation successful and sustainable
- Concurrent Learning Sessions that deliver practical advice and where you can learn, discuss, and reflect in a small interactive setting
- Continuing Education Information – find complete CME, CNE, and ACHE II credit information here
The ThedaCare Center for Healthcare Value and the Lean Enterprise Institute.
Who Should Attend
The Summit is the one event designed for your entire team, including front-line clinical or professional staff, physicians, managers, administrators, senior leaders - virtually any healthcare professional involved in or interested in change within their organization.
Personalize your Summit experience by exploring topics that you told us were important. In small interactive sessions where you can learn, discuss, and reflect, you'll discover applications and methodologies on the frontier of lean thinking in the healthcare community. These sessions will be offered multiple times during the Summit so you will have the opportunity to participate in several sessions. More sessions and details will be added in the near future. Check back for updates.
Most Learning Sessions will run simultaneously, twice each day except where otherwise noted.
Limited Attendance - We set a ceiling on the number of attendees so you'll have ample time for discussions or to ask presenters follow-up questions. The Summit is designed to be the best networking venue in the lean healthcare community by providing formal and informal ways for you to connect with counterparts facing the same challenges as you:
- June 3rd - Welcome Reception, 6:30-8:30 PM - get to know fellow attendees prior to the start of the Summit
- Networking Breaks - 30 minutes to allow time for a phone call, cup of coffee, and conversation
- Lunch Roundtables - attendee-led discussions on topics you told us were important to you
These in-depth one day workshops will help you build practical skills for addressing "people" issues as well as technical ones you will encounter during a lean transformation. For more information on Pre-Summit Workshops click here.
This year's Pre-Summit Workshops are:
- Creating a Lean Management System for Managers - SOLD OUT
- Assessing and Accelerating Your Lean Transformation - the Shingo Model - SOLD OUT
- Creating a Lean Culture - SOLD OUT
- Creating a Lean Management System for Executives - SOLD OUT
- From Fire Fighting to Continuous Improvement: Sharpening PDCA Problem Solving Skills - SOLD OUT
- Moving Beyond Budgeting in Healthcare
- Lean for the Practicing Physician (Physicians only please) - SOLD OUT
- Managing to Learn
Summit registration is not required to attend Pre-Summit Workshops, however summit attendees do recieve a substantial discount.
Register for the Summit online by clicking the button above or call 617-871-2900 between 8:30 AM and 5:00 PM EST Monday through Friday.
$1,400 USD. The registration fee includes participation in the Summit, participant materials, welcome reception on June 3rd, and food (breakfast, lunch, and snacks) for both days. Pre-Summit Workshops are available for Summit attendees on June 2nd and 3rd for an additional fee.
Confirmation, Cancelations, and Substitutions
Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email. To receive a full refund, notice of cancellation must be received by May 5, 2014. After this date there will be a $350 cancelation fee.
Substitutions may be made at any time before June 2, 2014.
If you have any further questions please contact the Lean Enterprise Institute at 617-871-2900 or email@example.com.
- View Live Gallery
- Tell a Colleague
- Pre-Summit Workshops
- View Agenda
- Hotel & Logistics Information
Past attendees tell us they walk away with actionable ideas and resources throughout the lean healthcare community, and also get a sense of purpose, energy and enthusiasm for this important work, great memories and new friends.
"The Lean Healthcare Summit provides a valuable opportunity to network with individuals from other healthcare organizations who are either on the same level of lean implementation or who have additional years of experience. It's great to share your experiences, but even better to bring back new ideas."
– Trauda Gilbert, Akron Children's Hospital, Healthcare Value Network
"The HVN Summit was a great opportunity to learn, share, and connect with our network peers who are going through similar challenges in their Lean journeys."
– Tom Laack, BloodCenter of Wisconsin, Healthcare Value Network