04/26/2006 03:40 PM
LEI Forums Ground Rules
Updated February 4, 2011
1. All postings are reviewed and edited for brevity and clarity by the Institute.
Out of respect for our participants' time, non-productive and off-topic discussion will not be posted. Well-constructed on-topic postings may take up to two business days to appear. All well-reasoned perspectives on any relevant topic are welcome.
2. No discussion that includes soliciting, advertising, or promotion will be posted.
This includes (but is not limited to) postings for job openings or advertising for a job; consultants seeking clients or clients seeking consultants; promoting your company's services, a book, website, blog, or webinar outside of the main topic of discussion in a thread. This applies regardless of whether the service or site being promoted is free or not.
3. Please clearly indicate any affiliations or conflicts of interest with any sites you link to or resources your recommend.
Remember that off-topic promotion is not allowed. However we recognize that in some cases, a participant may ask for a resource, and you may have a resource that you are directly affiliated with. In such cases, you may post about this resource, but make sure to correctly identify anything that may be seen as a conflict of interest. As examples: if you link to your own site (or your company's site) please make that explicit, If you are recommending a book you are the author of, please be forthright about that.
4. All postings automatically include your Forums User Name as well as your first and last name.
Your User Name is added automatically to your postings based on the name you created when signing up for the Forums. To change it, use the Home tab drop-down menu, log in (or update member info) and go to the Forums information section (in yellow). If you didn't create a User Name, a numerical identity is automatically generated for you.
5. No personal criticisms of companies, employers, or co-workers will be posted.
At the same time, you are welcome to make a well-informed critique of a company's lean efforts.
5. Please write clear titles for your posts so users know what they are about at a glance.
6. When a discussion is only interesting to a small private group or individuals, use private messaging.
7. You can add an attachment up to 100k to a post.
We encourage the sharing of value-stream maps and other documents. If attachments are larger than 100k, contact the Forums moderator at firstname.lastname@example.org to have the document added to the LEI web site.
If you are having trouble attaching a document, please see the thread in Forums FAQ section on how to upload a document.
11:09 AM by
Note: These forums are moderated by the Lean Enterprise Institute. All posts are reviewed prior to appearing on the site. Views expressed in these forums do not necessarily represent the views of the Lean Enterprise Institute.