Careers at the Lean Enterprise Institute
As a learning organization, LEI is interested in discussing partnering opportunities with lean thinkers and practitioners -- faculty, coaches, authors, students, etc. If you are interested in joining the LEI Team please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LEI is currently hiring for the following position(s):
The Lean Enterprise Institute is looking for a writer/editor with a drive and passion for creating compelling stories in the service of lean learning. This person would also assist with the Institute's social media strategy and promotional copywriting and be an active member of LEI's communications team.
If you do not have a hunger to learn please do not apply.
Serve as Managing Editor for The Lean Post, including editing, soliciting stories, and building relationships with writers. Work with lean authors, bloggers, and practitioners to develop their writing, clearly communicate their ideas, and create useful, educational, and inspiring editorial content for the lean community.
Write creatively for website and social media, and help Communications/Web team.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Organize, plan, edit, proof Lean Post articles – working collaboratively with contributors, senior editors, advisors, and LEI's lead graphic designer
- Create and proof internal and external marketing materials, promotional collateral, newsletters, email, and web content
- Assist the Customer Strategy Officer on various marketing and support projects
- Assist Co-Learning Team document our Partners' Stories and create case studies
- Implement an effective multi-media content strategy for a variety of audiences
- Must be available to travel several times per year
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain effective, collaborative relationships with customers and the LEI team
- Develop and maintain strong, positive working relationships with LEI community
- Work closely with internal clients to understand their goals, provide expert advice and produce effective content in a timely manner, and regularly reflect and improve
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, marketing, communications or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge/experience with Lean- major plus, but not a requirement. Must demonstrate a willingness to learn from industry experts and editors in the lean community
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience writing and editing collateral material, magazine articles, web content, promotional email, press releases, speeches, etc. in a corporate, agency or higher-ed setting; preferably B-to-B experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilitites
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to write both short and long form type of content
- Exceptional proofreading skills and expert grammarian
- Thorough knowledge of AP Style
- Demonstrated organization and project management skills
- Unrelenting attention to detail and deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, basic CMS, and HTML
- Social media savvy with an understanding of key social media channels and the writing style/skills needed for each
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team and independently and eager to continuously learn and improve with a focus on making the work better
- A self-starter who appreciates the value of integrated communications in support of a brand strategy
- Strong interpersonal skills, a strong work ethic and a positive, upbeat, professional attitude
- Flexibility, as LEI is a small company many hats are worn. Must be ready to cross train and support other activity streams
Some travel required
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com