Careers at the Lean Enterprise Institute
As a learning organization, LEI is interested in discussing partnering opportunities with lean thinkers and practitioners -- faculty, coaches, authors, students, etc. If you are interested in joining the LEI Team please send your resume to email@example.com.
Current Position Available: Education Curriculum & Instructional Designer
Instructional Design, works directly with and reports to the Director of Education to plan, develop and improve all education workshop experiences, across all delivery methods to include Public Classroom, Web, Online and Lab based.
Education Curriculum & Instructional Design Responsibility includes, but are not limited to:
- Works Closely with Director of Education to research, and develop, engaging and compelling course content that enhances the capabilities of others.
- Analyzes, creates and maintains a robust curriculum that is superior within the industry of Lean Thinking and Practice.
- Understands and creates content that can be delivered across a wide range of delivery methods to include Public Classroom, Web, On Line, Lab based and others.
- Works with subject matter experts to understand and identify training needs
- Develops, adheres to and continuously improves standard work for delivering educational experiences.
- Continuously seeks feedback from workshop attendees, faculty and LEI staff to be able to contiguously improve and innovate content and delivery methods of educational products.
- Conducts instructional research and analysis on adult learners and context.
- Applies tested instructional design theories, practices and methods
- Develops activities that enhances the learning process.
- Develops and manages learners assessment instruments, maintaining project documentation and curriculum.
In addition to the responsibilities associated with the development and maintenance of Educational curriculum the Instructional Design Manager Is responsible in partnership with education team in maintaining visual board tracking and status of workshop performance.
- Participates in the development of the annual business plans for his/her line of business and the entire Education Value stream.
- Attends at least 4 public workshops a year and participates in at least 2 onsite, workshops or improvement projects conducted at customer sites either by LEI staff or LEI faculty; attend a meeting planning seminar or education opportunity once a year.
- Supports other activity stream as necessary including participation in the annual Lean Transformation Summit and other LEI events.
- Work with a mentor/ coach on personal development and problem solving skills; continuously develops A3 problem solving skills to improve the value created by the Educational team for the customer
- Other responsibilities as required.
To successfully perform his/her responsibilities Education Instructional Design must:
- Have 5+ years of experience in instructional design and development to include a strong background in e-learning
- Experience with Lean Principles and Operating Systems
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong MS office skills (PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Excellent knowledge of Learning theories and instructional design models.
- Ability to design experiential learning.
- Build a comprehensive curriculum
- Knowledge & application of adult learning principles
- Understand innovative evaluation programs for educational materials.
- Solid knowledge of course development software and learning management systems
- Visual design skills
- Strong interpersonal skills in both faculty interactions and team interactions
- Ability to apply Lean thinking a various settings and situations.
- Have excellent problem solving skills which he/she applies to continuously improve all processes and practices within his/her area of responsibility
- Build an in-depth knowledge of LEI workshops and programs
- Able to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Able and willing to work collaboratively with other members of the LEI team
- Able to travel 25-30% of the time
- Commutable to LEI Cambridge Office
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!