People Systems: A Component of the Lean Management System (2 Day Class)
At the end of this workshop, you will be knowledgeable in:
- The characteristics of Lean organizations
- The most critical components of People Systems that affect targeted lean behaviors
- The competencies required in a Lean thinking organization, how they can best be integrated into the Lean transformation process, and managed long term
- Subordinate development methods consistent with Lean leadership behaviors
- The phases of the employee life cycle and how to observe “markers” that drive Lean thinking behaviors
- Draw practical connections among the 6 elements of the Lean Management System inherent in a functioning lean thinking organization
- Learn how to identify and close gaps specific to People Systems and strategies for a successful lean transformation
While process improvements and leader standard work can yield great benefit on their own; truly significant, sustainable, breakthrough improvements are made when we align our people systems with the behaviors we expect of the workforce. Without this alignment, it is fraught with potential pitfalls and ambiguity. However, when we employ a structured approach that aligns our people systems and the expected behaviors, we are able to create the ideal work environment in a practical, safe, and predictable manner.
This two -day course teaches a critical element of the Lean Management System which encompasses a critical examination of the policies, practices, and systems that motivate people to think on behalf of the company. A unique characteristic of Lean is the capture of the hearts and minds of the organization to have everyone every day think about how carry out their work more effectively, aligning people systems to this goal is a requirement for success.
This course will walk participants through what we call the “People Value Stream” starting from the time a person is attracted to join the organization until they disengage, and all stages in between. Each of these stages contain critical milestone events that have large impact on the expectations of the individual as well as their perceptions of the organization's expectations of them. Participants will learn to identify and close gaps between the current state and the desired future state, as well as strategies for effectively closing those gaps. Exercises are included to relate the materials to your own organization and potential opportunities to affect improvement.
Who Should Attend:
- HR professionals that are part of an broad organizational lean transformation
- Executive and other senior leadership responsible for improving business performance utilizing Lean transformation
- Other professionals in the field of Organizational Design, Organization Effectiveness, Change Agents, Process Engineers, and/or Lean Leaders
- Steering Committees / cross-functional teams tasked with transforming their organization
The Murli Group
Sign up to be notified when this workshop is available in your area
Bring this workshop to your company with On-Site Training Learn more »