Home > Community> Forums
Topic Title: Is there some way to speed up postings?
Topic Summary: The 2 day delay ........for........each.........posting........in.........every..........conversation........reduces....
Created On: 01/29/2017 04:57 PM
Linear : Threading
Send to a Friend Send to a Friend
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
01/30/2017 10:16 PM
Print this message

Author Icon
PLiepmannFAAFP
Peter Liepmann

The delay for posting reduces the utility of the blog, and dramatically reduces the potential for conversation. I understand this is here to prevent spam, but it's working too well-it's preventing conversation as well.

I'm sure there's 'prior art' on this. This is a recurrent problem in blogs. If this blog uses WordPress, there's probably 38 free solutions as add-ins.

A couple of suggestions-
Vet each user's first posting, then only if needed?
Allow all without delay, allow users to flag, and delete abusive posts?
Allow all without delay, allow all users to delete abusive posts? (Then review, and decide if action is needed?)
Create a class or classes of experienced users, and allow them to hide or delete abusive posts, subject to review?

You could run some PDSA trials on this.....
02/01/2017 08:08 PM
Print this message

Author Icon
PatrickSheehy
Patrick Sheehy

I fully agree. The lag time kills the conversational aspect of the forum. I've found that it also pushes people with questions to other resources and causes more "dead threads" where questions are abandoned.
Note: These forums are moderated by the Lean Enterprise Institute. All posts are reviewed within 24-48 hours prior to appearing on the site. Views expressed in these forums do not necessarily represent the views of the Lean Enterprise Institute.