Topic Title: BU Reporting
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/27/2017 09:24 AM
Linear : Threading
Send to a Friend Send to a Friend
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
10/31/2017 12:20 PM
Print this message

Author Icon
Kevin Gouranton

Hello all,

Hope you are doing well ?

I work at a division level and me and my team struggle each month to consolidate the KPI send by our partners. Way too many indicators, objectives, datas...

How do you manage your reporting ? In Excel ? Using a data base ? Maybe another software ?

Hope to read you all soon,

Regards,

K.
11/02/2017 10:44 AM
Print this message

Author Icon
JamieGyolai
Jamie Gyolai

Kevin,

You have a few questions in this post but a couple thoughts. First is there an opportunity to reduce the indicators, objectives...are they being used and driving the culture you are looking for. The second part as far as tools you have a variety of options. Since the information is probably in different forms (databases, excel, ERP...) the only way to get them onto on communication platform would be a linked reporting database. I have seen other due fancy things with Excel but that has reliability risk. One software you could check out that offers data collection and can link to other databases is Thrive (leantech.com). It offers roll-up reporting across multiple sites.
11/06/2017 02:07 PM
Print this message

Author Icon
ChristianS
Christian Sampedro

This is a good opportunity to use your 5S training for what it was really designed for. When you say "Way too many indicators..." it is clear that there is a "Sort" opportunity. Set-In-Order, Shine, Standardize and Sustain as needed. 5S is not only for cleaning the production floor.

In terms of how to manage reporting? Well, first define the purpose of all of those reports and how are they being used. Agree with Jamie in the risks and advantages of certain methods but first you have to really understand what is happening with that information. Form follows Function.
Note: These forums are moderated by the Lean Enterprise Institute. All posts are reviewed within 24-48 hours prior to appearing on the site. Views expressed in these forums do not necessarily represent the views of the Lean Enterprise Institute.