Topic Title: Time study method for Indirect Labour
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/31/2017 06:23 AM
Linear : Threading
Send to a Friend Send to a Friend
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
10/31/2017 12:20 PM
Print this message

Author Icon
ArulkumarJ
Arulkumar J

Dear All,

This is my first posting here in this forum. We have started measuring work content for the Indirect worker.
Apart from the operator working in machine (were the process is standardized in most cases) the worker's working in Maintenance department,
Incoming parts inspection, Warehouse, Raw Material stores we say indirect workers.

If any body has measuring of work content for the above departments request to share the tips/methodology.

Regards,
Arul
11/13/2017 03:28 PM
Print this message

Author Icon
BharatM
Bharat Mimani

Hi Arul,
What you are asking for here is different metric of measurement for different departments. I think you are trying to implement a formal & organized MIS system for reporting, management and governance.
There are too many ways to measure, record, monitor & report manpower. Simple means are man-days that are consumed. However, it would not reflect efficiency. My suggestion is to start with a "manday" measurement. Refine, as you go ahead with each department / function. Build in every parameter that are relative (e.g., in Maintenance grab figures of MTTR, MTBF, PM Cycles, Events, etc; in warehouse measure kg-m of movement, etc). After a few months of iteration, you should get 80% approximation of real efficiency. Make sure data capturing is actually happening on the shopfloor. Try to define as general metrics as possible, so there is no confusion.
We provide Mgmt Consultancy services for such reporting structures. Drop me a PM to discuss opportunities in detail.
Bharat
Note: These forums are moderated by the Lean Enterprise Institute. All posts are reviewed within 24-48 hours prior to appearing on the site. Views expressed in these forums do not necessarily represent the views of the Lean Enterprise Institute.