Topic Title: PFEP
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/23/2018 10:51 AM
Linear : Threading
Send to a Friend Send to a Friend
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
02/26/2018 09:12 PM
Print this message

Author Icon
diesel
Dave Osborne

I am working to implement PFEP at my plant.

So far, every attempt has been done with a static Excel file so it is very hard to update and eventually just dies. We use SAP so I would love to find a software/method to create living PFEP's using SAP.

Does anyone have any experience with this or could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks
02/28/2018 08:35 AM
Print this message

Author Icon
WolfgangBaer
Wolfgang Baernthaler

SAP does provide PFEP data to download into a report suitable for you. Please check the options. We had a so-called parameter review report in the automotive industry solution. All data ex SAP.
Cheers
Wolfgang
02/28/2020 12:49 PM
Print this message

Author Icon
DavidNation
David Nation

diesel, Have you found a good solution to make SAP and PFEP work together? I am currently using an Excel Spreadsheet for several thousand part numbers. It pulls a significant amount of data from SAP reports, but also requires many manual changes for part number changes. If I run it anywhere besides the CAD station, I have to set the calculations option to manual, and make sure autosave is turned off.

I am just now venturing into a setup to use Microsoft Access. My first hurdle is holding BOM structure. In Excel this was manually populated. In Access, I am not sure how to take a top level "part number", and explode the lower levels to populate additional levels into "part pumber" field. Planning to give it a shot, but it may be a manual process instead of using SAP data.
03/23/2020 03:12 PM
Print this message

Author Icon
Don_Guild
Don Guild

Why are you exploding BOM's in Excel? Doesn't SAP have that functionality?
FORUMS : Manufacturing : PFEP

Topic Tools Topic Tools