Topic Title: Lean ERP Software
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/20/2018 12:37 PM
Linear : Threading
Send to a Friend Send to a Friend
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
09/24/2018 06:58 AM
Print this message

Author Icon
Josh_Part
Josh Partridge

Hello fellow Lean fellows,

ERP systems and lean have always been conflicting. And although the two have learned to live with each other (like two step children), they dont seem to be complimentary yet. Does anyone know of a good ERP software that was built with lean in mind? And if not, who has an interest in such a product?
10/04/2018 11:10 PM
Print this message

Author Icon
ChristianS
Christian Sampedro

I have been looking for such application but only found half-baked solutions that claim to be "lean" compatible but in reality they have only developed some lean workarounds. I have been looking to replace our homegrown system into a more sophisticated one but at the end we decided to enhance and keep growing what we have. I would be interested if such product exists.
10/16/2018 09:28 PM
Print this message

Author Icon
Josh_Part
Josh Partridge

I have noticed similar things, and I am relatively new to lean, but I have noticed all the I have used does not enable lean management ideals. So I may try to build one.
If you dont mind me asking:
What industry are you in?
What ERP do you currently use?
What sort of things does your current ERP do well?
And where is it lacking?
What would be the best change to ERP systems in general?

Thanks in advance,

Josh
10/16/2018 09:28 PM
Print this message

Author Icon
DannyLuo
Danny Luo

Josh and Christian, could you please describe in more detailed on what your features you like and why?Maybe that help me or others to put our thoughts in. Thanks!
10/25/2018 07:23 AM
Print this message

Author Icon
sophialoren
Sophia Loren

You cannot be generic in approach while choosing ERP Software for your company. The ERP Software you choose must meet your business's present and future requirements, and ebizframe ERP Software excels in keeping up with all your requirements. ebizframe ERP comes up with competitively added novice features which is easy to use and allows easy connect ability to the other programs of the business. With ebizframe, you can integrate information from various departments and enables quick implementation of novice ideas. The best part is that it is incredibly easy to install and can adapt to new system modules. So plan your business more effectively with the ebizframe ERP Software. For More information please visit:https://www.essindia.com/ebizframe-erp-software
10/25/2018 07:23 AM
Print this message

Author Icon
Josh_Part
Josh Partridge

I would like a software to have a feature for single piece flow and kanban systems built in. A direct pull system would be nice, some of these MRP systems I have used can be used in this manor, but it feels more like reverse engineering that purpose built software.
01/29/2019 03:15 PM
Print this message

Author Icon
Yaalibizappln
Yaali bizappln

Looking for the best ERP management Software for SMEs. I can point you in the right direction.

ERP, As an individual, licensed software is not a new concept for businesses. Cloud ERP system is a software that collects and stores data across multiple areas (labor, production, materials, inventory, logistics etc.) to help a business assess areas that need attention.

This software integrates applications across all aspects of a business into one powerful multifunctional platform, which means it can be able to combine invoicing, sales, supply chains, inventory control, development and customer relationship management (CRM) into a single shared database and application.

Although typically the big name vendors target large organizations only. Despite that, there are some great solutions for small to medium-sized businesses as well. This can be different from cloud-based to on-premise, depends upon the business needs.
We offer cloud-based ERP Solutions, which is an intelligent system for any business, customizable as per the business requirements, and with a strong accounting platform-encompassing everything under one platform.

Indeed, our ERP is One of the most robust and innovative Cloud ERP software which enables an integrated enterprise software environment to improve the performance of the business and upsurge their revenue to the next level...

Apart from that, it also helps you to computerize and coordinate all operations and procedures within your company, suitable for any industries like Retail/wholesale, Manufacturing, Construction management, Automobile garage management, Inventory Management, Food etc.

Our solutions for technology are designed to address complex applications across diverse enterprise environments.
Our Cloud-based ERP Solutions has been proven to reduce costs in many ways because of it:
    Reduce IT support services because IT support is provided by the data center
    Set-up time is minimized so that, again, your IT team can dedicate its resources to growing and improving business infrastructure.
    Reduced costs in labor and software expense.
    It's more inclusive for all employees who need to access it.
    Automated Business Processes Minimized Time Management Issues.

Reap the benefits of our Cloud-based ERP with software and services that meet or exceed industry standards, including:
    Application and user support
    Version updates and continuous innovation
    Greater than 99.5% uptime
    Backup and disaster recovery
    Scaled ERP cloud solutions for every type of business.
    Bottom line:: Our ERP Solutions gives companies the tools they need to accelerate growth and maximize revenue.

If you need to know more further, how specifically our ERP is beneficial to you.Yaali Bizappln Solnsvisit our site.
01/29/2019 03:15 PM
Print this message

Author Icon
Yaalibizappln
Yaali bizappln

Looking for the best ERP management Software for SMEs. I can point you in the right direction.

ERP, As an individual, licensed software is not a new concept for businesses. Cloud ERP system is a software that collects and stores data across multiple areas (labor, production, materials, inventory, logistics etc.) to help a business assess areas that need attention.
This software integrates applications across all aspects of a business into one powerful multifunctional platform, which means it can be able to combine invoicing, sales, supply chains, inventory control, development and customer relationship management (CRM) into a single shared database and application.
Although typically the big name vendors target large organizations only. Despite that, there are some great solutions for small to medium-sized businesses as well. This can be different from cloud-based to on-premise, depends upon the business needs.
We offer cloud-based ERP Solutions, which is an intelligent system for any business, customizable as per the business requirements, and with a strong accounting platform-encompassing everything under one platform.

Indeed, our ERP is One of the most robust and innovative Cloud ERP software which enables an integrated enterprise software environment to improve the performance of the business and upsurge their revenue to the next level...

Apart from that, it also helps you to computerize and coordinate all operations and procedures within your company, suitable for any industries like Retail/wholesale, Manufacturing, Construction management, Automobile garage management, Inventory Management, Food etc.
Our solutions for technology are designed to address complex applications across diverse enterprise environments.
Our Cloud-based ERP Solutions has been proven to reduce costs in many ways because of it:

-->Reduce IT support services because IT support is provided by the data center
-->Set-up time is minimized so that, again, your IT team can dedicate its resources to growing and improving business infrastructure.
-->Reduced costs in labor and software expense.
-->It's more inclusive for all employees who need to access it.
-->Automated Business Processes Minimized Time Management Issues.

Reap the benefits of our Cloud-based ERP with software and services that meet or exceed industry standards, including:
Application and user support
Version updates and continuous innovation
Greater than 99.5% uptime
Backup and disaster recovery
Scaled ERP cloud solutions for every type of business.

Bottom line:: Our ERP Solutions gives companies the tools they need to accelerate growth and maximize revenue.
If you need to know more further, how specifically our ERP is beneficial to you.visit our site-->https://www.bizappln.com/erp-software-developement.html
02/12/2019 05:09 PM
Print this message

Author Icon
Nathaniel Summerset

Just my 2cents.

Installing, updating and maintaing ERP systems is fundamental to many business' operations.

However; they tend to treat it very casually as "it's just software".

Migration and updates are frequently without a full assessment of requirements, resources and objectives, let alone a plan for how to dealwith possible failures. It is a lack of Engineering.

I'm in the muddle (no typo) of an upgrade project where the project manager apparently doesn't have a plan or schedule. At least not one visible to the key players in the project. The project manager's only plan seems to be for eventual blame attribution.

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

The ERP system can only ever be as good as the forethought and diligence put into its selection, implementation and maintenance. Any business that relies on an ERP system must invest a great deal of attention into that system.
03/05/2019 08:30 AM
Print this message

Author Icon
Robert_Simonis
Robert Simonis

Is there a question in there? Large scale change such as Lean or a new ERP have less than a 50% success rate. The reasons are many, but change is hard and most companies underestimate the difficulty.
09/19/2019 01:19 PM
Print this message

Author Icon
IanChurch
Ian Church

Hello, i stumbled upon this thread as I was building a presentation to highlight why our ERP system supports lean. We built Onramp Solutions ERP wtiht he support of a 6 plant 1000+ employee Tier 1 Manufacturing company. This company both fabricates steel components and Machines engine castings.

Some of the features that support Lean:

Finite Scheduling (takes the peaks and valleys out of demand)
Traditional Kanaban
Steel supplier Kanban but with a focus on full truck loads
Audit System
Lean Accounting
JIT work orders
Preventative Maintenance
Min Max inventory triggers

A lot of people say ERP and LEAN cannot exist, I disagree. The trick is ERP systems that relay ONLY on MRP cannot exist. A lot of our modules are solutions to MRP not supporting LEAN.

www.onramp-solutions.com
11/07/2019 03:48 PM
Print this message

Author Icon
JamesHumphreys
James Humphreys

Hi there,

It's cloud-based and is mainly focused on manufacturing, but I would recommend checking out Katana. Katana's ERP system is advertised as a piece of smart manufacturing software, but it's been designed by manufacturers, for scaling manufacturers. Its name, Katana, was inspired by lean manufacturing which we obviously know comes out of Japan.

Every moving piece can have a dramatic knock-on effect in a manufacturing business. That's why Katana gives you total control over all the processes of production and sales, so you can ensure your product is at peak quality and gets to the customer without a hitch.

Track your product's life from start to finish: from raw materials to operational tasks, to finished product, to order delivery.

All from a single dashboard.

Katana helps you centralize and manage your entire business with its:

Smart Auto-Booking Engine
The auto-booking engine is a must for any business looking to become a green manufacturing company. Quite simply, Katana will autonomously take any available stock, and automatically allocate them to open orders. If a product is not available, Katana will show you what materials needed to create that product are missing.

Raw Materials and Finished Goods Inventory Management
The bane of every manufacturer, green or not, is raw material management. Therefore, you want a tool with the capabilities of tracking your inventories movements, which will help you in identifying any potential dead stock so you can remove it from your inventory.

Also, you can use it to figure out which material is being used the most, set reorder points, so you don't run out of stock during a rush and develop a plan to make the most out of any leftovers.

Priority-Based Production Planning
Finally, our nifty drag-and-drop feature allows green manufacturers to easily reorganize their schedule. Just by simply changing the order in which you tackle projects, Katana will calculate and show you the new predicted completion times.

Better still, Katana will redistribute your inventory to fit the new schedule, so you can fulfill orders as soon as possible, as efficiently as possible.
11/07/2019 03:49 PM
Print this message

Author Icon
JamesHumphreys
James Humphreys

Hey Josh,

There's a cloud-based ERP system called Katana, which was not only built-in mind for someone practicing lean manufacturing, but its name was inspired by the country where the approach was developed.

Katana is a piece of smart manufacturing software which was built by manufacturers, for modern product-making businesses.

It's been designed to help manufacturers get more control over their:

Inventory management;
Production Scheduling;
Factory floor-level control;
Order fulfillment; and
Outsourced manufacturing.

It's able to integrate with e-commerce platforms and accounting software so you can centralize your entire business onto one easy to ready, visual dashboard.

I realize this question was posted in 2018 (yikes), but if you're looking to adopt an ERP system into your business, I'd recommend heading over to katanamrp.com to check out what the software has to offer (plus, they offer a 14-day free trial too so you can have a look at it for yourself).
11/14/2019 10:19 AM
Print this message

Author Icon
Josh_Part
Josh Partridge

The software looks really nice. It would likely be my choice for small to medium size businesses. I would have to see it more in action to understand. Looks very good for promoting JIT.

I was wasn't looking to adopt, but join! Haha, I am in development of my own...
12/03/2019 09:44 PM
Print this message

Author Icon
Nikita_a
Nikita Agrawal

Hi Christian,

This sounds interesting. Many have a similar question. I would like to discuss about how we can enhance the homegrown system.