Topic Title: Tracking the time in which equipment is being used
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/10/2020 07:04 AM
Linear : Threading
Send to a Friend Send to a Friend
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
01/15/2020 09:37 AM
Print this message

Author Icon
Marco Heer

Hello experts!

I am searching for a way to track the time during which welding equipment is being used so a MES or ERP system can notify the use of equipment. Is there a widespread approach on the market for doing that?

I was thinking of some kind of docking station that recognizes when the equipment is being taken and put back on the docking station.
Does something like this exist in an out-of-the-box solution?

Thank you!
01/28/2020 11:54 AM
Print this message

Author Icon
ZTalum
Zack Taylor

Marco

We currently collect data on the amount of amps a saw is pulling. We do this to monitor the motor in order to prevent downtime. The saw is on all of the time. Any time that there is a part in the saw, the amount of amps it is drawing changes. I suppose you could do the same for a welder - looking at the 'on' and 'off' condition to track the amount of time that the welder is being used.

Zack
03/17/2020 11:12 AM
Print this message

Author Icon
Saber_BOURAS
Saber BOURAS

Hi Mr Taylor, do you have brand/model for this equipment to do this?
04/07/2020 01:15 PM
Print this message

Author Icon
Bibbie Mok

Hi...I also read something about hour meters that track the total time the machines have been used. But as far as I know this way I would only determine "how long" someone worked on that station. "When" is also of interest to me. With the values "how long" and "when" it should be possible to roughly derive the total working progress.