Topic Title: Literature regarding pull-production
Topic Summary: I am looking for studies or literature regarding pull
Created On: 03/19/2017 06:13 AM
Linear : Threading
Send to a Friend Send to a Friend
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
03/20/2017 10:35 AM
Print this message

Author Icon
LasseSorensen
Lasse Sørensen

Hi all

I'm looking for studies/literature that support the claim, that if you absolutely have to produce to storage, you have to place the bottleneck at the beginning of the process to manipulate a pull-production.

Long story short:

I'm working in the food industry, and at my plant, we HAVE TO process surplus raw materials in order to maintain and keep value-matter. Therefore, we are often forced to produce to storage. A consequence of this, is that we very often have at push-production. I learned some years ago, that if you absolutely have to produce to storage, you need to place the bottleneck as early in the process as possible.

Is there any studies or literature to support this? Any literature that focusses on pull in general terms would also be great.

I need this for at presentation regarding a proposed future state.
03/20/2017 10:36 AM
Print this message

Author Icon
Moderator_Lory
Lory Moniz

Hi
Have you read Creating Level Pull? Might be helpful: https://www.lean.org/BookStore/ProductDetails.cfm?SelectedProductId=104
03/27/2017 03:50 PM
Print this message

Author Icon
Jayesh72
Jayesh Bharti

This is also a great read regarding pull and flow principles. The book keeps you engaged from the first page to the last; very well constructed.

http://www.librarything.com/work/425931

Freedom from Command and Control: A Better Way to Make the Work Work
Note: These forums are moderated by the Lean Enterprise Institute. All posts are reviewed within 24-48 hours prior to appearing on the site. Views expressed in these forums do not necessarily represent the views of the Lean Enterprise Institute.