Topic Title: Milliken Zero Loss Approach
Topic Summary: What are the strengths and weaknesses
Created On: 06/08/2017 01:02 PM
Linear : Threading
Send to a Friend Send to a Friend
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
06/12/2017 03:56 PM
Print this message

Author Icon
KangarooJack
Brian McNeal

I've just started as a corporate CI manager at a firm that is embarking
on an improvement journey that is based on the Milliken Zero Loss Thinking approach. I wish to hear opinions from the LEI community about the strengths and weaknesses of this system.
06/23/2017 09:16 AM
Print this message

Author Icon
Robert_Simonis
Robert Simonis

My impression of the Milliken system is that it is very focused on safety and machine uptime. It would be very useful for sites with high levels of automation and equipment. The Milliken factory was the best, true, use of TPM that I have ever seen. Not just preventive maintenance and autonomous maintenance, but predictive maintenance, improvement maintenance and improvement to new equipment design and specifications.

My experience is that it did drive improvement in areas outside current production (like product design, accounting, and logistics) or even in assembly operations that do not use complex equipment.
Note: These forums are moderated by the Lean Enterprise Institute. All posts are reviewed within 24-48 hours prior to appearing on the site. Views expressed in these forums do not necessarily represent the views of the Lean Enterprise Institute.