Topic Title: Lean in Retail Sector
Topic Summary: Performing Lean Diagnostics in Retail
Created On: 06/03/2017 02:45 AM
Linear : Threading
Send to a Friend Send to a Friend
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
06/05/2017 10:21 AM
Print this message

Author Icon
Deepak Bhaskar

Hello Everyone:

I am trying to develop a diagnostic approach for a potential client in the retail sector. Appreciate any suggestions on how this should be done or what to include. Client is a white goods retailer and also has service centers. All my work has been in Manufacturing & Supply Chain. Interested in knowing about how Lean has been implemented in the retail sector.

Thanks & Best Regards

Deepak
07/07/2017 12:44 PM
Print this message

Author Icon
MattS
Matthew Spielman

Deepak,
Just like for manufacturing, I suggest you look for case studies to learn from and adapt your experience. Much has been written about Tesco, including their areas of focus on customer knowledge; (e.g. ClubCard, their loyalty program) inventory replenishment, particularly multiple-times-per-day; and mutliple size / formats for their stores.

There has also been literature written on automotive dealerships. Perhaps those would be educational for the service side of the business.
Note: These forums are moderated by the Lean Enterprise Institute. All posts are reviewed within 24-48 hours prior to appearing on the site. Views expressed in these forums do not necessarily represent the views of the Lean Enterprise Institute.