Home > Forums
Topic Title: Finance Departments & Lean
Topic Summary: Anyone got a good story to tell?
Created On: 10/19/2017 03:47 PM
Linear : Threading
Send to a Friend Send to a Friend
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
10/20/2017 09:31 AM
Print this message

Author Icon
Gillian Eastwood

I'm looking for service companies that have had success with Lean in their finance departments, who would be willing to host some visitors from a leadership team who is just beginning their Lean journey.

They don't know what they don't know and are unsure of the benefits of Lean. They want it, but also struggle to make the time for it. I am hoping to persuade them to go on a tour.
11/17/2017 10:15 AM
Print this message

Author Icon
Ken Eakin

Hi Gillian,

I had quite a lot of success with the Corporate Finance department at EDC. We don't usually host visitors except for via McKinsey, who brings their clients through EDC on what they call a "Lean in Action" tour. You have to be a McKinsey client to participate, unfortunately.

I can recommend Jean Cunningham who specializes in Lean Accounting. I have not worked directly with her but I have read her book Real Numbers, and have seen her present a workshop at an LEI Conference once. She knows her stuff.

Ken
Note: These forums are moderated by the Lean Enterprise Institute. All posts are reviewed within 24-48 hours prior to appearing on the site. Views expressed in these forums do not necessarily represent the views of the Lean Enterprise Institute.