Topic Summary: VSM Training
Created On: 10/24/2007 11:18 AM
Linear : Threading
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next Last unread
Send to a Friend Send to a Friend
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
10/24/2007 01:22 PM
Print this message

Author Icon
Jason Bruenning

Hi!

I'm looking for an interactive VSM training activity that can be conducted with a class of about 25 folks. I'd to simulate a process, do a current state VSM, design future state VSM and have the groups then make some improvements.

Does anyone have any activities like this they are willing to share?

Thanks!
10/25/2007 02:36 PM
Print this message

Author Icon
Bob_Petruska
Robert Petruska

I have several that I use for this. One is the "Pizza Game" (my apologies to the MIT students) since we make pizza at one of our plants. The "factory" is built on the conference room table top, it is drawn on grid paper to scale. We have several departments that the pizza must move through from making dough, adding toppings, baking, freezing, palletizing, storage, loading, and delivery. Each team member is assigned duties (some are off-line keeping track of metrics like # of defects, cycle times at each station, spaghetti diagram). We used poker chips for the pizza dough, and added toppings like red stickers for pepperoni... The production orders were all paper, and there were several built-in wastes. This was a lot of fun, and they learned how to see the wastes.

Another I use is for teaching Leadership to see wastes which is the airport check-in process. Since everyone has experience with this process, they list all the processes and then decide if it is value add or wastes. If its wastes, then we ask them to determine which of the seven plus one waste it is.

There are others to use as well. Send me a PM with your contact information if there is further interest. Bob
10/26/2007 09:29 AM
Print this message

Author Icon
PamH
Pamela Hietbrink

Bob,
I'm also interested in the interactive VSM training activities that Jason asked about. I'd be grateful for any directions you can provide.

Thanks - Pam
11/02/2007 12:53 PM
Print this message

Author Icon
Kathy Stark

Bob,

I would also be interested in games used for educating team members.

Thank you,

Kathy Stark
starkk@nsk-corp.com
11/05/2007 09:46 AM
Print this message

Author Icon
prosper33
Leonard Pavia

Hi Bob
I teach Lean at Utah Valley State College and woud really like more information on your Pizza game. It sounds like it would be good for my class.
Thanks
Len Pavia
email - paviale@uvsc.edu
11/06/2007 02:01 PM
Print this message

Author Icon
Tracey
Tracey Robinson

Hi Bob,
Can you send me some info on the Pizza Game as well? It sounds really interesting.
Thank you,
Tracey

trentadamsdds@yahoo.com
11/07/2007 08:51 AM
Print this message

Author Icon
Vijay Jandhyala

Can you please send me a detailed Pizza Game, you are talking about..

Vijay Kumar Jandhyala
jandhyalavk@hotmail.com
11/07/2007 08:51 AM
Print this message

Author Icon
Sean Manning
Sean Manning

Hi Bob
I too would appreciate info on the pizza game. Looks like you have a real winner here.
Best Regards
Sean Manning

sean.manning@sercomsolutions.com
11/07/2007 08:52 AM
Print this message

Author Icon
Melanie Byers

Bob, Please send me info on the pizza sim and the airport checkin. Have been trying to develop something myself and these look interesting - and will save lots of time!

Originally posted by: Bob_Petruska

I have several that I use for this. One is the "Pizza Game" (my apologies to the MIT students) since we make pizza at one of our plants. The "factory" is built on the conference room table top, it is drawn on grid paper to scale. We have several departments that the pizza must move through from making dough, adding toppings, baking, freezing, palletizing, storage, loading, and delivery. Each team member is assigned duties (some are off-line keeping track of metrics like # of defects, cycle times at each station, spaghetti diagram). We used poker chips for the pizza dough, and added toppings like red stickers for pepperoni... The production orders were all paper, and there were several built-in wastes. This was a lot of fun, and they learned how to see the wastes.

Another I use is for teaching Leadership to see wastes which is the airport check-in process. Since everyone has experience with this process, they list all the processes and then decide if it is value add or wastes. If its wastes, then we ask them to determine which of the seven plus one waste it is.

There are others to use as well. Send me a PM with your contact information if there is further interest. Bob
11/08/2007 02:08 PM
Print this message

Author Icon
Sara
Sara Groves-Rupp

Hi Bob-

I'm interested in learning more about your pizza game and airport simulation as well. Thanks
11/09/2007 08:39 AM
Print this message

Author Icon
Jeffrey
Jeffrey Garraway

Bob,

I would be like to get more information on this simulation. I work in the food industry and this would be very relavent as an interactive simulation as opposed to other simulations I have done.

Thanks,
jeff

jeffrey@marsanfoods.com
11/09/2007 08:39 AM
Print this message

Author Icon
Carla Nemeth

Bob,

I would be interested as well in the "Pizza Game" and others especially transactional process focused.

Thanks!
Carla

email: carlina11900@yahoo.com
11/12/2007 08:42 AM
Print this message

Author Icon
jeffboss
Jeff Boss

Bob,

I'd appreciate additional info as well. Thanks for sharing!

Jeff Boss
leanleap@gmail.com
Print this message

Author Icon
Ian Anderson

Hi Bob, I am also interested in your pizza simulation. Currently I am working in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia where there is very little reference material available.

Best,
Ian
iananderson@the-xfactor.com.my
Print this message

Author Icon
sthil
Stephane Thiltgen

Hi Bob,

Please, can you send me some more info about your pizza and airport checking games. I'm developing one for a workshop and it could provide me some ideas.

Thanks a lot

Stephane

Email:stephanethiltgen@gmail.com
11/14/2007 12:17 PM
Print this message

Author Icon
Liz Taylor

Hi Bob:

I am interested in both the pizza game and the airport check in. Will you send me information regarding both. Thanks you
Liz

ltaylor@cascorp.com
11/16/2007 08:34 AM
Print this message

Author Icon
Lars_Dyrby
Lars Dyrby Johansen

Hi Bob

I'm interested in more info about your pizza game and airport simulation as well.

Thanks,
Lars

ldj@valcon.dk
11/16/2007 08:34 AM
Print this message

Author Icon
mkra
Mark Anderson

Hi Bob,

I am interested in both the pizza game and the airport check in. Please can you you send me some more information on both.

Many thanks

Mark

andersonmkr@yahoo.co.uk
11/16/2007 12:39 PM
Print this message

Author Icon
RuiC
Rui Coelho

Bob,

Please send me the details on your pizza simulation.

Thanks!
Rui Coelho
rui.coelho@biogenidec.com
11/16/2007 12:41 PM
Print this message

Author Icon
pebo
Per Bolseth

Hi Bob

I am manager for a Company building log houses of thermal insulated timber logs.
We want to follow the Lean principles. Not all our employees are familiar with all the benefits Lean management can give and I have been looking for a simulation model to use in a workshop.
Can you please send me a detailed Pizza Game and the airport check-in process you are talking about?

Per Endre
peb@isolaft.no
FORUMS : Business Process : VSM Training Simulations

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools