Home > Forums
Topic Title: Mac software for value stream mapping?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/06/2017 04:14 AM
Linear : Threading
Send to a Friend Send to a Friend
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
12/06/2017 02:23 PM
Print this message

Author Icon
ElliotWalker
Elliot Walker

Hi All,

First time on this forum but I'm in the hunt for something to map out business processes and value stream mapping on my new Mac. I used to use Visio but it's not available on Mac. Has anyone tried any of these Visio alternatives and can comment? I'm open to either cloud or desktop solutions.

Thanks for any feedback!
12/08/2017 10:57 AM
Print this message

Author Icon
Daniel Markovitz

Lucid Chart might do the job:
https://www.lucidchart.com
Print this message

Author Icon
ChristianS
Christian Sampedro

Have you tried powerpoint? I have visio but I still prefer powerpoint... you just have to setup a large slide and then you have a lot of the same functionality you have in visio.
Print this message

Author Icon
ScottMcNamara
Scott McNamara

Elliot -

I have two favorites. For VSMs, general mapping, and diagrams I like Omnigraffle. They have a pro version which can import and export VSDs which has been a huge help for me when clients have legacy docs in VSD.

My second is Lucid Charts. For $9/month, its a great platform. You can invite collaborators to your files and it is really easy to use.

Last, something I also find helpful is a tool called the Noun Project. It is a library you download of all kinds of images. I use it often to help paint the stories we identify as lean practitioners.

Hope this helps!

Scott
Print this message

Author Icon
ScottMcNamara
Scott McNamara

Elliot -

I have two favorites. For VSMs, general mapping, and diagrams I like Omnigraffle. They have a pro version which can import and export VSDs which has been a huge help for me when clients have legacy docs in VSD.

My second is Lucid Charts. For $9/month, its a great platform. You can invite collaborators to your files and it is really easy to use.

Last, something I also find helpful is a tool called the Noun Project. It is a library you download of all kinds of images. I use it often to help paint the stories we identify as lean practitioners.

Hope this helps!

Scott
Print this message

Author Icon
ScottMcNamara
Scott McNamara

Elliot -

Hope this helps!

Scott
12/14/2017 02:18 PM
Print this message

Author Icon
WolfgangBaer
Wolfgang Baernthaler

Originally posted by: ScottMcNamara

Elliot -

Hope this helps!

Scott
Print this message

Author Icon
Gavin Martin

I use SmartDraw online to create and visio desktop for publishing
Print this message

Author Icon
WolfgangBaer
Wolfgang Baernthaler

What is all the fuss about VSM e-packages. Go to Gemba and map it out by hand and then put it onto a wall on paper. Toyota always uses pencils, paper and ultimately post it notes to identify improvements.
Afterwards the action plans and a photo of the MIF to document!
12/15/2017 11:57 AM
Print this message

Author Icon
ChristianS
Christian Sampedro

Yup... paper, post-its and pencil is my favorite method, is visual and right in your face. What is important is not a pretty graph but the thinking behind it. It needs to be SUPER basic so ANYONE can do it. I understand the need of having something digital, especially when you work with remote teams, but that should be the exception.
Note: These forums are moderated by the Lean Enterprise Institute. All posts are reviewed within 24-48 hours prior to appearing on the site. Views expressed in these forums do not necessarily represent the views of the Lean Enterprise Institute.