Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/11/2014 05:30 PM
Linear : Threading
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Send to a Friend Send to a Friend
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
01/30/2015 05:12 PM
Print this message

Author Icon
Keith Lodahl

Originally posted by: JavaChief

So you wouldn't hire a sensei from Toyota? They aren't certified.

I think a Toyota sensei has as much in common with most American manufacturing as someone from Mars. While there are a number of sensei that have been successful with American companies many have also not related well and have failed. Toyota, in the memory of most of their workers, been operated under the rules commonly known as TPS. They are knowledgeable in what happens at Toyota, but not knowledgeable in the culture change that took place that set the stage. And most of the people I have worked with are capable of understanding the tools, but struggle with the necessary change in culture. I would hire someone that has been successful in making the change with a company similar to mine.
02/09/2015 09:57 PM
Print this message

Author Icon
CFPIMBear
Barry Meyer

"They are knowledgeable in what happens at Toyota, but not knowledgeable in the culture change that took place that set the stage. "

There are two distinct set of skills:
1. Establishing a culture or environment (Lean, TOC, SS, etc.)
2. Sustaining and Expanding a culture environment.

While I would not go so far as to say these are from two distinct planets, they may be distinct species. Neither one is superior or inferior to the other, they are just different. When seeking sensei, species is more important than certification.
10/18/2016 07:12 AM
Print this message

Author Icon
HenryEducation
Henry Education

Lean is the process of eliminating defects from any process to achieve perfection. This process is mainly used in the manufacturing process. This process will improve the efficiency of the worker at the ground level and help you to achieve bottom line.

For more information visit: Lean six sigma green belt
10/18/2016 07:13 AM
Print this message

Author Icon
HenryEducation
Henry Education

Originally posted by: JohnPod

If someone walks into my office and tells me they are certified in Lean, I would ask them to please explain to me what that actually means, and how will that improve my bottom line and organisation. What does it mean to be lean? That question has yet to be answered.
06/15/2018 02:08 PM
Print this message

Author Icon
PUMA
JOSÉ LUIS IBANEZ LAGO

HI,
I am interesting for training lean in Quebec-Canada. Someone you know a Lean certification please.
07/02/2018 01:44 PM
Print this message

Author Icon
Lela123
Lela Glikes

The Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) has a reputable certification in Lean program - which includes three levels of certification (bronze, silver, gold) - and requires both an exam and a portfolio of work to achieve each level. They are not teaching you - or selling you a bill of goods - if you work in an industry where you are implementing Lean and you feel you have the experience and knowledge - either through training or personal study - then you go for the certification. No one is "teaching to a test'. I highly recommend it. It's challenging and it means something. http://www.sme.org/lean-certification.aspx
FORUMS : Lean in Education : Lean Certification

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Note: These forums are moderated by the Lean Enterprise Institute. All posts are reviewed within 24-48 hours prior to appearing on the site. Views expressed in these forums do not necessarily represent the views of the Lean Enterprise Institute.