Key Elements for Sustainability - Half Day Class (1 Day Class)
PLEASE NOTE: This is only a 4 hour class NOT a full day class.
Implementing change in an organization is hard; sustaining that change, has shown to be even more difficult. This focused half-day intensive workshop is ideal for lean change agents and leaders who are struggling with sustainability, at any level of their organization. You will learn a 3-pronged approach for working with your team to communicate the positive gains you’ve already made and sustain change for the long-haul. This workshop will give you practical examples and demonstrations of visual process adherence, visual process performance, and leader standard work that you can bring back with you and apply to any or all levels of your organization.
Designed for change agents and leaders who have the responsibility of integrating a lean management system across the organization, the examples provided show how this can be done in an individual area or across the entire organization.
The 3-pronged approach can be used to compliment other lean concepts and workshops such as:
- Hoshin / strategy deployment
- Visual management (*)
- Gemba walks, reflection meetings, and Andon response
- The daily behaviors of lean leadership and management
Remember, “two steps forward, one step back” is natural for any change process. In the case of lean thinking and practice, the key is to keep that “one step back” from turning into a complete stall and fallout. This workshop will help you fill that gap and sustain the changes you implement.
This 4-hour workshop will provide real examples of proven methods to implement and sustain changes within an organization. It is an abbreviated, yet powerful, session that will cover concepts, tools, examples and exercises with regards to:
- Components of a Lean Management System
- How Visual Management aligns with a Lean Management System
- The parts of a Visual Management System
- Key elements for sustaining change(s): A 3-pronged approach
- The “right” information to monitor/manage at particular levels within an organization (e.g. front line, middle management, senior leaders)
- Examples and effective use of Communication Boards throughout the organization
- Engaging and motivating people to integrate the change into their work
- How to apply visual process adherence, visual process performance, and leader standard work TOGETHER for successful implementation and sustainment of changes
- Planning the implementation of both the visual management system and leadership standard work throughout the organization
- Improve business performance by reacting to abnormalities
- Align Hoshin/Strategic Goals, customers and your business at all levels of the organization
- Improve leadership skills
- Improve morale through transparency and involvement
- Keep the enterprise motivated to stay on course through the lean transformation process as they see the impact of their process improvement
Who Should Attend:
Leaders at any level of the organization, change agents, and other lean implementation champions who have the authority and/or influence to implement department/enterprise-wide visual management plan.
(*) This 4-hour workshop is sub-set of the workshop entitled “Integrating Visual Management”
Sign up to be notified when this workshop is available in your area
Bring this workshop to your company with On-Site Training Learn more »