Online Webcast Managing Kaizen Events
This workshop is right for you if kaizen events are, or should be, an important part of your lean transformation:
- Understand the appropriate role and application of kaizen events within a lean transformation effort;
- Understand event standardized work, strategies, and behaviors that help drive effective and sustainable events throughout the multiple phases of the event (strategy, pre-event planning, event execution, and follow-through);
- Gain insight into kaizen event related lean leadership, lean management system applications for improvement sustainability, development of internal event facilitation capability, and proper balance with daily kaizen;
- Learn how to avoid kaizen event malpractice effects, including: little or no measurable business impact, poor linkage to strategic or value stream improvement imperatives, unfavorable employee experiences, limited organizational learning and growth, and a poor foundation for daily kaizen…
… but don’t have the time and/or budget to travel
This comprehensive program will give participants practical insight into the principles, tools, and techniques that drive effective kaizen events from the perspective of measurable and sustainable results and organizational development and engagement.
The program consists of four 2-hour modules conducted over a 2-week period. Each module is delivered by an instructor in real time, and contains a lecture, slide presentation, “hand-outs,” and time for Q&A.
At the end of each module, you will receive an assignment to help you practice what you have learned and develop skills and behaviors required to facilitate or lead effective kaizen events. Typically, several of the assignments can be applied directly to a kaizen event candidate for which the participant is/will be planning.
The program focuses on three key areas: 1) Kaizen Overview, 2) Kaizen Event Standardized Work, and 3) Internal Capabilities and Daily Kaizen.
In this segment we will explore the roots of kaizen, contrast voluntary and management driven kaizen, and discuss kaizen true north and the role of lean leadership within the context of kaizen events.
Kaizen Event Standardized Work
The most substantial portion of the program is dedicated to kaizen event best practices as captured in a multi-phased approach. We’ll cover time-proven strategies, techniques, and tools that will help the team apply PDCA rigor and thinking and achieve meaningful results. Topics include:
- How to ensure that kaizen events are “pulled” by what matters.How to effectively pre-plan event around scope, targets, team selection, pre-work, and initial event strategy.
- The kaizen event sequence, the seven basic elements, and how to successfully apply them.
- How to optimize team effectiveness through facilitation strategies and techniques.
- How to sustain kaizen gains through post-event follow-through and leader standard work.
Internal Capabilities and daily Kaizen
Here we will review how to develop and deploy the “lean function” (a.k.a. kaizen promotion office, operational excellence group, etc.) within your organization and touch upon the transition to a combination of daily kaizen and kaizen events.
Who Should Attend:
- Kaizen practitioners/facilitators in the organization’s lean function
- Lean leaders – value-stream managers, executives, lean steering committee members
Dates for Webcast:
|Module 1||April 17, 2018||11:00AM-1:00PM|
|Module 2||April 18, 2018||11:00AM-1:00PM|
|Module 3||April 24, 2018||11:00AM-1:00PM|
|Module 4||April 25, 2018||11:00AM-1:00PM|
Please note that all recorded modules are available to you for 30 days from the date of the broadcast. All modules get recorded so if you don't have an opportunity to attend a live webcast, you can always review it afterwards. We send you a recording of each module within 24 hours from the time of the broadcast.
To maximize your learning experience we recommend that prior to attending this program you take following workshops or have a good understanding of the concepts presented within them.
Sign up to be notified when this webcast will be offered again
Bring this workshop to your company with On-Site Training Learn more »