Lean Journey Self-Assessment Tool (1 Day Class)
Honestly, where is your company on its lean journey? Where is it strong? Where is it weak?
These are difficult but critical questions, because if you can’t answer them reliably, how do you know what efforts or areas should be priorities and which ones can wait? What should you and your team be doing right now? What should you do next? And what should you do after that?
We can’t produce a crystal ball to answer those questions, but we can help you do the next best thing – make an objective, dispassionate assessment of your lean journey at either the company, departmental, or functional levels.
In this practical, hands-on workshop led by expert lean practitioner Chris Vogel, you’ll use a “Lean Journey Self-Assessment Tool” to accurately evaluate your company’s current lean capabilities and develop realistic goals for where to focus next.
At the end of the day, you’ll leave with preliminary goals identified so when you get back to the factory or office you’ll be able to move ahead with a customized plan at a pace that is appropriate for where your organization is on its lean journey.
The Assessment is generated by gauging performance on a series of lean management attributes in four fundamental areas that should guide every lean transformation: Purpose; People and Culture; Process and Operations; and Continuous Improvement. Your answers will provide a baseline for refocusing, reenergizing, or even beginning a lean transformation.
At the end of this workshop, you will leave knowing:
- What the attributes of a lean organization are and how they work together
- What the current state of the lean transformation in your company, department, or fundtion is
- What the gaps in performance are
- What action steps to take and in what sequence to close the gaps
- Where you should focus time and effort in developing the organization's lean capability
- What your short-term and long-term goals should be
Who Should Attend:
This workshop is designed for:
- Managers or teams that want to gain a better understanding of the total scope for what a lean culture can look like as it continues on the journey
- Managers or teams with little-to-moderate experience and exposure to lean who want to increase their understanding of the components of a lean culture
- Managers who want to better understand what lean management looks like through the phases of a lean transformation
- Leaders who want to assess where they are today and create a plan of action for where they can aim to be next
- Anyone who wants to use a quantifiable tool to compare and contrast year-over-year results as they continue on their lean journey
Whether you are starting, strengthening, or reinvigorating your lean efforts within your organization, this workshop will provide you with a tool to better understand where you are today and what your future can look like.
To maximize your learning experience we recommend that prior to attending this program you take following workshop or have a good understanding of the concepts presented within it.