Facilitation Skills for Leading Successful Teams (1 Day Class)
As a continuous improvement leader, you know how important it is to have a defined process for predictable outcomes - including team meetings because they take up so much of your valuable time and your team's.
But you've probably led or attended too many meetings or work sessions that left you frustrated because so little was actually accomplished.
It doesn't have to happen again if you know a few key steps to plan, guide, and manage meetings to that objectives are met through clear thinking, good participation, and full buy-in from everyone. You'll leave this workshops with practical tips, checklists, and techniques that you can use immediately to become a more effective meeting leader, participant, or facilitator.
You'll learn how to understand the group's processdesired outcome, the background and context of the meeting or event.
- Set up: How to design and plan the group process (including designing a realistic agenda), and select the tools that best help the group progress towards the desired outcome.
- Conduct: How to guide and control the group process to ensure that:
- There is effective participation
- Participants achieve a mutual understanding
- Participants’ contributions are considered and included in the ideas, solutions or decisions that emerge
- Participants take shared responsibility for the outcome
- Follow through: How to ensure that outcomes, actions and questions are properly recorded and actioned, and appropriately dealt with afterwards
Good meeting and facilitation skills are essential for any collaborative effort and they enable teams to make decisions efficiently and effectively. This workshop will share the core meeting process to follow for running successful meetings that are shorter, more focused and yield desired outcomes.
Through instruction, small group discussions and exercises, the workshop participants will:
- Understand a facilitator’s role is to guide an event to a successful conclusion
- Introduce the core meeting process framework for successful work sessions
- Share the key elements for the 3 stages of the core meeting process framework – set up, conduct and follow through
- Learn key facilitative behaviors to lead better work sessions
Who Should Attend:
- Meeting leaders
- Meeting participants
- Meeting facilitators