Aligning the Right Behaviors with Your Business Objectives (1 Day Class)
Through instruction, discussions, and hands-on exercises, you will learn to:
- Recognize the importance of company and leader behaviors in achieving business objectives.
- Understand a practical approach to create “buy-in” from others.
- Identify company and individual behaviors.
- Determine the desired behaviors to achieve the business objectives.
- Develop a plan to move behaviors towards the desired future state through a practical and engaging method.
- Run experiments within their organizations
The high failure rate in sustaining and continuously building upon improvements can often be attributed to a lack of behavioral change. Although there is consensus that certain, general lean leadership behaviors support sustainability, every lean organization needs their desired behaviors to link directly back to their business objectives. Without this close correlation, sustainable improvement will never be realized and the change effort will fail.
This hands-on workshop gives you a simple, practical method to scrutinize your business objectives against the traits and behaviors needed to achieve your objectives. To reinforce the training, you’ll work through case studies based on actual research and experiments within companies. We will look at improving the interrelationships (indicated by the circles in the graphic below) between business behaviors and three key elements of lean leadership.
The workshop will show you the four steps needed to create awareness of current traits and behaviors while successfully developing a plan to change unaligned behaviors. You’ll work on a team aligned with your business sector (industrial, service, or healthcare) to work the case studies through the 4 steps:
- Your case study will provide either the industrial, service, or healthcare company’s annual objectives. Working in groups you will utilize a matrix to systematically question potential departmental actions for each objective, creating a more thorough and supported annual implementation plan.
- Identifying the current state of departmental leader's behaviors & competencies is the next step. You will be exposed to non-biased methods to assess individual's behavioral prefernces and competencies. Ideas will be shared on how leaders and individuals are most likely to buy-in to their current state behaviors.
- Working in the same teams, you will utilize a method to identify the desired departmental traits and behaviors to better support business objectives. These desired behaviors will then be compared with the case studies' current behaviors and misalignments will be identified.
- Finally, substantial time will be devoted to developing, increasing or changing misaligned competencies which will have strong infuence on changing behaviors is actually easier in a working environment where co-workers can help create the necessary structure via coaching and support.
Who Should Attend?
- Lean/CI Leaders
- Human Resource Professionals
- Change Agents
- Managers, Supervisors, Directors
This course also assumes that you are familiar with the basics of lean and are at a point in your lean journey where you've implemented the tools and now wants to segue into changing your leadership's behavior to achieve results.
To maximize your learning experience we recommend that prior to attending this program you take following workshops or have a good understanding of the concepts presented within them.
Sign up to be notified when this workshop is available in your area
Bring this workshop to your company with On-Site Training Learn more »