Value Creation - Starting with the Work: Gemba-Based Workshop (2 Day Class)
This is not your typical classroom-based workshop: it is a hands-on, activity-based learning experience. Workshop days are split between learning in the classroom and time at a local gemba that has graciously agreed to open their doors for this experience.
Through this experience, participants will deepen their understanding of lean principles and understand the importance of work improvement to any lean transformation. Participants will have a practical experience of applying work improvement to solve critical business problems.
- See and identify value creating work
- Observe and measure work to understand the current condition
- Visualize work to facilitate collaboration and improve work
- Learn how multiple “point kaizens” in conjunction with system principles can be utilized to improve the performance of a system of work
- Improve the work to better match capacity with demand
In the classroom, instruction is primarily done through a fun and engaging simulation. Participants will then practice newly learned skills in a local, small production shop where real work is occurring. There will be interaction with team members who are doing the value creating work for their customer. Transportation from the main venue and the gemba location will be provided. Participants must wear sturdy, closed-toe shoes. Safety glasses will be provided.
- Leaders, managers, process owners, and/or frontline staff in any industry.
Sign up to be notified about future offerings of this workshop
Bring this workshop to your company with On-Site Training Learn more »