Using Training Within Industry (TWI) Techniques for Rapid and Sustainable Problem Solving (1 Day Class)
Value creating work, essential non-value creating work, and waste. Spend more time doing the former and less time doing the latter. Conceptually, this is not new to lean thinkers and practitioners. Many of us can even recite all seven wastes with little effort.
But how exactly can these concepts be applied to meet real business challenges? To solve critical problems related to quality, lead time, cost, and safety? In other words, how might they be applied to improving the WORK? And beyond that, how could an effective work “routine” be created and trained so that positive change is sustained?
Over decades of use, the techniques from Training Within Industry (TWI) have proven useful to team leaders in managing their teams to do and improve their WORK, effectively. In this workshop, participants will be introduced to these techniques and practice using them. They will also explore how the underlying concepts apply to all WORK, at all levels of an organization.
Participants will be immersed in a lock-building simulation to deliver this learning. This experience will be used to teach fundamental techniques of WORK improvement. Specifically, you will learn to:
- Gather meaningful facts through in-depth observation
- Understand the current condition of the WORK
- Make WORK visible to facilitate collaboration
- Improve the WORK in a simple and practical way
- Create “repeatable routines” that are easy to train and learn
- Onboard people by helping them become fully contributing members of the team
- Enable effective problem solving by creating conditions for continuous WORK improvement
- Accelerate learning cycles to make it easier for people to absorb innovation
- Coach others to do all of the above
Who Should Attend:
This workshop is ideal for leaders, managers, process owners, and/or frontline staff in any industry dealing with a rapidly changing environment and a need for quick learning and fast improvement cycles. It is also ideal for people in environments whereby safety is critical and/or with strategic initiatives that require workers to learn their jobs rapidly (e.g. new products, in-sourcing, mergers, etc.). TWI techniques will provide you with a simple and engaging improvement method for getting started, and a straight-forward language you can use to spread a new, more effective means of learning throughout your organization.
Sign up to be notified about future offerings of this workshop
Bring this workshop to your company with On-Site Training Learn more »