Baby Steps for Behavior Change
Don't start with a 20-mile run! Effective change often begins with small tweaks to behavior, which build on one another and grow self-efficacy in the Learner. You can explain a different behavior, but abstract goals and information generally don’t work if they aren’t tied to specific behaviors -- or "Starter Kata" -- that can be practiced by the beginner.
- About the Kata Research »
- Introduction to the Improvement Kata »
- Download 5 questions template »
- Improvement Kata & Coaching Kata Reading List »
- About the University of Michigan Toyota Kata Course »