WLEI - Lean Enterprise Institute's Podcast
WLEI is the official podcast of the Lean Enterprise Institute.
WLEI will primarily focus on lean thinking and practice. You will hear from lean thought leaders and people practing lean in interesting ways and environments. Plus will also interview people from different communities of thought, whom we feel have an important and interesting message to share.
If you have a question you’d like answered on a future podcast, show feedback, or an idea you’d like to share, please send it to email@example.com.
Dr. Lisa Yerian of the Cleveland Clinic sits down with Josh Howell, LEI President & Executive Team Leader, to talk about the spread of lean thinking at her organization. Among other things, they explore the sequence of learning between defining purpose, discovering problem-solving at the gemba, and developing lean leadership capabilities.
- Cleveland Clinic’s Prescription for Creating a Culture of Continuous Improvement
By: Lisa Yerian
- How Are You Supporting Your Own Lean Transformation?
By: Lisa Yerian
- Stop Asking Your Leaders to "Support" Your Lean Transformation
By: Lisa Yerian
- Tiered Teams Solve Problems In Real Time: How a team of teams can address problems as they emerge
"If it cannot be grown, then it must be mined."
Practically everything around you exists because of mining. From phones, to computers, to cars, to glasses, to your belt buckle, they all are made from mined resources.
Laura Mottola has taken lean thinking underground, literally. Learn what lean in mining looks like, what it takes to engage those doing the work, and what is next for this ever evolving industry.
“It seemed nothing short of a miracle could save Ford Motor Company in the mid 2000s. Ford didn’t receive a miracle, but it did get something just as valuable: Alan Mulally.” (Daniel Miller, The Motley Fool, May 2015)
In this podcast, Alan shares:
- His view on the CEO’s role in a successful transformation.
- What “people first” leadership means to him and how his basic values and love for people guide his decision making.
- What he learned about innovation and customer focus from his lawn mowing business.
- How his early experiences with lean and Toyota shaped his views on leadership and the importance of an effective management system.
- How he has continuously improved and evolved his Working Together Management System for over 40 years, starting with aircraft development, then transformations of global organizations, and finally how it influences his work today with Google, Mayo Clinic, and Carbon 3D.
Author Art Smalley joins Chet Marchwinski to discuss problem solving and his new book Four Types of Problems from reactive trouble shooting to creative innovation.
Additional Articles and Books:
In this special edition series, Designing the Future. Jim Morgan talks with Dave Pericak, the Chief Engineer of the 2015 Ford Mustang.
Pericak was featured in A Faster Horse, a documentary exploring the ins and outs of designing world's most popular sports car.
Morgan is the author of the new book, Designing the Future and has spent over 30 years in industry as a product development leader including serving as a global engineering director at Ford Motor Company during the product-led revitalization under CEO Alan Mulally.
Learn more about Lean product and process development at leanpd.org.