Developing Leaders and a Management System at Instituto de Oncologia do Vale
Instituto de Oncologia do Vale?(IOV) is a midsized healthcare organization that doubled in size overnight in 2013 through a series of mergers. Developing a lean culture in IOV’s new partners was an immediate challenge. As a countermeasure, IOV strategized to challenge leaders to create lean management systems in the new partner organizations. The methods used to develop these leaders became IOV’s Leader's Manual in 2015.
This session will discuss and explain the manual, including:?
- The design of IOV’s leadership training program;
- How the program connects with an operational training system that uses TWI,?kamishibai, and IOV's management system;
- Personal development plans involving leadership coaching standardized work;
- Leader standard work at the?gemba;
- Self-reports, organizational principles, and culture.??