Cambridge, MA, Aug.25, 2010 – The nonprofit Lean Enterprise Institute (LEI) will run 10 workshops in the Los Angeles area Nov. 9-11 to help companies implement lean manufacturing tools and create the cultural changes needed to sustain them.
The workshops will run from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Marriott Marina Del Rey, 4100 Admiralty Way, Marina Del Rey, CA. The workshop schedule is:
Nov. 9 (Tuesday)
– 5S: The Visual Workplace
– Building the Lean Fulfillment Stream: Supply Chain and Logistics Management
– Key Concepts of Lean: Understanding the Toyota Production System (2 days)
– Value-Stream Mapping for the Office and Service
– Developing People with Capability for Lean
– Standardized Work: The Foundation for Kaizen
– Sustainable Lean Culture: Connecting the “Product” and the “People” Value Streams (2 days)
– Coaching Skills for Lean Implementation Leaders
– Kaizen: the Culture of Continuous Improvement
– Optimizing Flow in Office and Service Processes
Prices and Discounts for Lean Workshops
One-day workshops are $800. Two-day workshops are $1,600. Price includes tuition, training materials, breakfast, lunch, and snacks each day. Discounts are available for taking multiple classes or sending multiple persons. For complete details about content, instructors, discounts, and to register, go to https://www.lean.org/Workshops/WorkshopCalendar.cfm, call 617-871-2900, or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
What is Lean?
The terms lean manufacturing, lean production, or lean management refer to a complete business system for organizing and managing product development, operations, suppliers, customer relations, and the overall enterprise.
Lean Enterprise Institute
Lean Enterprise Institute, Inc., was founded in 1997 by management expert James P. Womack, Ph.D., as a nonprofit research, education, publishing, and conference company with a mission to advance lean thinking around the world. We conduct research projects and support other lean initiatives such as the Lean Education Academic Network and the Lean Global Network . Visit LEI at https://www.lean.org for more information.
Media: Chet Marchwinski, email@example.com, (617) 871-2930