First Lean Coaching Summit Features Lean Thought Leaders and “Doers” as Presenters
The Summit will take place at Rosen Shingle Creek hotel, 10 minutes from Orlando International Airport and near world-famous attractions like Universal Orlando, Sea World Orlando, and Disney World.
Complete details about Summit presenters, keynotes, breakout sessions, discounts, and how to register are available now.
“Coaching is an essential practice for lean leaders,” said LEI CEO John Shook, who will deliver a Summit keynote. “Skillful coaches focus our attention on the right things for improved performance.”
Shook is the author of award-winning books and articles on lean management and a former Toyota manager who helped it transfer production, engineering, and management systems from Japan to operations around the world.
“Attendees will learn from presenters who are leading thinkers and doers of lean coaching,” said Jim Huntzinger, president of Lean Frontiers. “They’ll share real-world stories of what has worked, and sometimes more importantly, what hasn’t worked.”
Lean Coaching Content
Besides Shook, other plenary session presenters are:
- Paul Levy, the former CEO of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, one of the nation's preeminent academic health centers, and author of Goal Play! Leadership Lessons from the Soccer Field.
- Margie Hagene, an experienced coach at a variety of companies, who has taught senior managers how to change roles and responsibilities for leading lean transformations.
- Mark Siwik, and former professional and college basketball star Swen Nater, co-founders of BeLikeCoach, a national nonprofit inspired by how the teaching skills of iconic UCLA basketball coach John Wooden can advance the development of youth through sport.
Breakout sessions include:
- Coaching for Problem Solving
- Coaching with the Training Within Industry (TWI) program
- Coaching with A3 Reports
- Coaching Coaches
- Coaching Leaders
- Open Space: unique sessions where conference attendees identify what topics they want to know more about
About Lean Frontiers
Since 2005 Lean Frontiers has provided narrowly focused events aimed at helping organizational silos understand how they can best support lean thinking. The company produces the Lean Accounting Summit, Lean HR Summit, Lean Logistics Summit, TWI Summit, Asia Pacific Lean Business and Accounting Summit, and will soon offer a Lean IT Summit and Lean Sales & Marketing Summit.
About Lean Enterprise Institute
Lean Enterprise Institute, Inc., was founded in 1997 by management expert James P. Womack, Ph.D., as a nonprofit research, education, publishing, and conference company with a mission to advance lean thinking around the world. We teach courses, hold management seminars, write and publish books and workbooks, and organize public and private conferences. We use the surplus revenues from these activities to conduct research projects and support other lean initiatives such as the Lean Education Academic Network, the Lean Global Network and the Healthcare Value Network. Lean Enterprise Institute and the leaper image are registered trademarks of Lean Enterprise Institute, Inc.