Lean Problem Solving (1 Day Class)
At the end of this workshop you should be able to:
- Follow the steps of the lean problem solving process (PDCA)
- Know how to use different problem solving methodologies in different circumstances (Problem Solving Flowchart, A3)
- Understand what it takes to develop concise problem solving A3's and or Problem Solving Flowcharts
- Understand and be able to explain the "thinking process" and infrastructure needed to sustain problem solving at all levels
Sustaining a lean transformation requires continuous problem solving by everyone in the company. Success hinges on how well we teach and apply a robust, shared problem-solving method at all levels to incorporate "evolutionary learning" into the company culture.
In order to build the culture of problem solving, an organization needs a "Community of THINKERS", working together on continuous improvement and the A3 problem-solving process which aligns with organization's business objectives. Their goal is to design a sustainable rigorous problem-solving process that is, in effect, an experimental test of any proposed changes.
In this workshop we will practice several of the problem-solving steps. We will also briefly discuss the infrastructure required to develop and sustain problem solvers, and touch on areas such as strategy deployment, standardized work, visual management and Go and See. "Go and See" will be a key component discussed within ALL the steps of the lean problem-solving process.
We will also discuss how to "bring to life" the Values a Company has set as their guiding principles or mission statements. We will do this by explaining the specific steps/actions to consider while using problem-solving process in daily activities.(i.e. – communication, buy-in, engagement, purpose, customer satisfaction and more). We will discuss each participants "Line of Sight" to the company goals or business plan (Hoshin), normally centered around the key performance indicators (i.e. Quality, Cost, Productivity, Safety, and HR Development).
This workshop introduces Lean Problem Solving as a teachable, scalable approach based on the scientific method (PDCA), which can be applied to the vast majority of your problems. When linked to core management systems, it helps to strengthen standards and build your lean management system organically, based on your needs. It becomes the nervous system of the learning organization.
- The lean problem-solving process
- How each step ties into PDCA
- How to use a Problem-Solving Flowchart
- "Line of Sight" Activity in order to align value added activities in your daily work.
- Tangible actions required to support and "bring to life" organizational values/principles.
- Relating problem solving and core lean activities
Who Should Attend:
- Managers at all organizational levels and change agents
- Organizations that want to institute company-wide change