One of the best attended sessions at a recent lean management conference was a panel discussion exploring the intersection of lean management and digitization. After the discussion, we caught up with panelist John Drogosz, a lean product and process development coach with experience in a variety of industries. In this interview, he explores:
- What impact new levels of automation, data collection, and robotics will have on problem solving and developing people.
- What effects digitization may have on the nature of work;
- How the methods companies use to develop people may change in the future.
- What impact digitization may have on how we understand work in service and production settings.
- What increased computing power and data collection could mean for problem solving.
- What other lean practitioners think about digitization’s impact.
Watch the interview of John sharing his thoughts and issues on the minds of the audience at the panel discussion.