Learn how to create a lean operating and management system that will lead your organization through the changes needed to cultivate and support a lean, continuous-improvement, problem-solving culture.
In this hands-on, simulation-based workshop, a veteran lean coach will guide you through how to develop an effective, flexible, lean operating system that continuously improves your organization’s business performance during both stable and fast-changing business conditions.
You will experience ways to improve on-time delivery, product quality, and operational flexibility.
Critically, you’ll learn how and why your management system must align the organizations’ strategy and business objectives throughout the organization and to the front line, including design of work and problem-solving at the gemba.
You’ll also grasp how and why integrating various lean practices and concepts — standardized work, pull system, kanban, and employee capability development — into a management system enables you to resolve problems, make breakthrough improvements, and meet business challenges head-on.
- Understand the business benefits of deploying lean thinking and practices systematically.
- Develop the skills needed to design and implement an effective and flexible lean operating system that adapts to changing business conditions.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of how to leverage essential lean principles, practices, and tools systematically.
- Experience how a lean operating system works, including how each system element reinforces others, yielding a fly-wheel effect to continuous improvement that meets business objectives.
- Grasp the nuances of integral lean concepts like flow, standard work, kaizen, takt, and pull systems.
- Understand leaders’ and managers’ critical roles in creating, sustaining, and improving a lean operating system.
Who Should Participate?
Executive leadership teams and their top managers and employees who:
- oversee any function in any industry,
- have some understanding of essential lean terms or some experience with lean thinking and practices, and
- would like to understand how to deploy lean thinking and practices as a system.
Register two or more students from your organization and save 12.5% off every registration. To receive a group discount, register as a group through the registration link and the discount will automatically apply.
You can cancel your registration for in-person workshops four weeks before the course start date for a full refund. A cancellation occurring within four weeks of the workshop dates will be subject to a $350 fee. To cancel, please call LEI at (617) 871-2900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Coach, Lean Enterprise Institute
Karen has over 30 years of experience leading, training, and developing the capability of team members and executives in rapid-growth environments. Most recently, she’s coached clients in various industries as they adopt lean thinking and practices. They include Microsoft (data center construction), Legal Seafood (hospitality); TriMark (distribution); Abiomed (medical research and device manufacturing), and the […]
Read more about Karen Gaudet
Lean Enterprise Institute
Director, Lean Global Network
Matt serves as content director at the Lean Enterprise Institute responsible for the institute’s content strategy in all mediums. He also serves as Director of the Lean Global Network, where he supports the network’s 30+ institutes and partners to spread lean thinking around the globe. Matt has a BA in East Asian Studies from Bates College […]
Read more about Matthew Savas