In this episode of the WLEI Podcast, we speak with Jill Katic and Grace Eovaldi from Barton Malow, a major construction company that has recently seen significant growth. Jill and Grace share how they’ve been working to foster a culture of problem solving throughout Barton Malow, principally through a program dubbed Lean University.
During the conversation we dive into the following:
- Lean Principles and A3 Problem-Solving: Exploring Lean University’s five-day training program, which introduces participants to lean principles and the A3 problem-solving method over a three-month period.
- Problem Identification and Analysis: How Jill and Grace use the program to help participants identify and dissect problems in their work, guiding them in developing effective countermeasures.
- Business and Cultural Results at Barton Malow: Insights into the tangible business outcomes and cultural shifts experienced by Barton Malow since beginning Lean University.
- Lean Thinking and Problem-Solving Skills: The significance of Lean University for organizations seeking to cultivate lean thinking and problem-solving abilities among their employees.
- Barton Malow’s Lean Journey: An overview of Barton Malow’s experience with Lean University and its role in transforming the company’s culture.
Special note: Jill and Grace will lead a learning session about building a problem-solving culture through Lean University at the Lean Summit in March 2024. To learn more and register, click here.
Lean Summit 2024
Ignite your passion for lean, expand your expertise, and unlock the full potential of lean thinking.