In his talk from the 2018 Designing the Future summit, former Rivian COO and LEI Senior Advisor Jim Morgan discusses how Lean Product and Process Development (LPPD) serves as an enterprise activity that can engage the entire organization and improve operations and growth. LPPD’s principles and practices will result in better products, argues Morgan, who shares the following key ideas:
- People first
- Understand—then execute
- Design new value streams
- Create a framework of success
- Constantly learn and improve
- Establish an effective management system
Tune in below to listen to the full podcast of his presentation about creating a shared future. And download a transcript of this talk here.
Read more from Jim by checking his previous articles:
- Creating New Value and A Lesson in Fundamentals
- Are You Building High-Performing Teams?
- Product Focus=Customer Focus
- The Relentless Pursuit of Perfection
- TPS 2.0?
Also check out his book Designing the Future. Finally, learn more about the 2020 Designing the Future summit.