For several years now the Lean Enterprise Institute (LEI ) has partnered with a select group of companies to help them on their lean journeys and jointly conduct experiments on the best approaches to lean transformations.
These Co-Learning Partners have demonstrated executive commitment to lean transformations, an enthusiasm for collaborative learning where the work is actually done, and a willingness to share results among themselves and with the global lean community.
Partner companies get access to LEI thought leaders, such as John Shook, Jim Womack, and Mark Reich, as well as LEI coaches and subject matter experts. Because they are handpicked from non-competing industries, partners also share challenges and successes peer-to-peer with lean practitioners at fellow partner companies.
Partners include traditional manufacturers applying lean methods across the entire enterprise, but we also partner with companies pioneering lean applications in a range of service industries, including retail, healthcare, and financial services.
For us, the real-world knowledge from these activities provides the basis for future LEI publications, training, and research.
Here's a sample of what's in it for Partner companies:
- Coaching and mentoring of senior leaders
- Lean transformation project support
- Strategy planning and deployment (hoshin)
- Customized learning opportunities
- Gemba-based improvement activities
- Action research and co-learning experiments
- Documented learning shared partner-to-partner and with the broader lean community (with approval)
- Interaction with the Partner community
- Exclusive Partner-to-Partner learning activities
- Seats at LEI's practical, how-to public workshops
- Seats at the informative and inspiring Lean Transformation Summit
- Discounts on books and other product
- Lessons From LEI Partners on How Change Happens: An Interview with John Shook
- LEI Partners Program Drives Lean Thought Leadership Forward
- A Learning Partnership to Support A New Era in American Manufacturing
If you are interested in exploring a partnership with LEI, contact
Deborah McGee, Learning Activities Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lean Product & Process Development
(LPPD) Learning Group
The LPPD Learning Group, an initiative within LEI Co-Learning Partners program, is a collaboration between the Lean Enterprise Institute and partner companies that are interested in transforming their product development systems.
These high performing, non-competing organizations from diverse industries learn together how to better understand customer needs, effective design and development of products, and creation of strong PD management systems.
Learn more at LeanPD.org »