Managing to Learn Remotely: Developing Structured Problem-Solving and Leadership Skills
An instructor-led online workshop to develop superior problem-solving and change leadership skills
Today’s unprecedented challenges require superior problem-solving skills not only from you as a leader but everyone you manage.
So we’ve taken the unmatched A3 problem-solving process explained in Managing to Learn, the award-winning, best-selling workbook by management expert and former CEO John Shook, and put it online with live instruction.
This comprehensive training will teach you how to use the potent A3 methodology, based on the proven scientific method of plan-do-check-act (PDCA), to solve an important business problem within your organization and generate business results.
What makes the A3 approach so powerful is that it is a complete process -- a way of thinking, managing, communicating, learning, getting things done, and developing an entire organization of problem solvers.
The A3 methodology puts the problem, analysis, corrective actions, and an action plan on a single sheet of large (A3) paper, often with the use of graphics. Thus, it fosters communication, consensus building, and root-cause problem solving. (A3 is the international term for a sheet of paper, roughly equivalent to the 11-by-17-inch U.S. sheet.)
The course is taught online and live by instructors over a 3-month period so that there is enough time for participants to identify a problem, investigate root causes, gain agreement with stakeholders on the countermeasures and implement the plan to solve the problem. Instructors will have the opportunity to understand your struggle points and prioritize your specific learning needs to support you through your problem-solving journey.
- Select, define, and investigate a real problem from work.
- Clarify problem situations and define problems as gaps in performance.
- Visualize processes and align on contributing problems in the workflows.
- Investigate and confirm underlying causes and analyze barriers to improvement.
- Identify, evaluate and lead in selection of corrective actions
- Lead planning and execution of corrective actions and follow-up to confirm results and reflect for organizational learning
Structure of Program
Who Should Attend
- Managers or executives who want to develop the structured problem-solving, hypothesis-testing, and fact-based, decision-making skills of teams
- Continuous improvement or change management professionals involved in leading major change improvement initiatives
- HR professionals who wish to develop a curriculum and teach structured problem solving and fact-based decision-making skills within their organization
- David Verble - 30 years of experience teaching the A3 management process to leaders and managers
- Jikku Mohan - LEI product strategy manager who has applied A3 thinking at companies for improvement
|Module 1||July 31, 2020||1:00-3:00 PM EDT|
|Module 2||August 14, 2020||1:00-3:00 PM EDT|
|Module 3||August 28, 2020||1:00-3:00 PM EDT|
|Module 4||September 11, 2020||1:00-3:00 PM EDT|
|Module 5||October 9, 2020||1:00-3:00 PM EDT|
|Module 6||October 23, 2020||1:00-3:00 PM EDT|
Sign up to be notified about additional offerings of this workshop
Bring this workshop to your company with On-Site Training Learn more »