Today’s unprecedented challenges require superior problem-solving skills not only from you as a leader but everyone you manage.
We’ve taken the unmatched A3 problem-solving process described in Managing to Learn, the award-winning, best-selling workbook by management expert and former CEO John Shook, and put it online with live instruction.
This comprehensive training will teach you how to use the potent A3 methodology, based on the proven scientific method of plan-do-check-act (PDCA), to address an important business problem within your organization.
What makes the A3 problem-solving approach so powerful is that it is a complete process — a way of thinking, leading, communicating, learning, getting things done, and developing an entire organization of problem solvers.
- Select, define, clarify and investigate a real problem from work.
- Clarify problem situations and define problems as gaps in performance.
- Visualize work processes and focus on the problems in work methods that are affecting performance.
- Investigate and confirm underlying causes and analyze barriers to improvement
- Identify, evaluate, and lead in the selection of countermeasures.
- Lead planning for implementation of countermeasures and follow-up to resolve problems in execution for organizational learning.
- 14 hours of live, online interaction.
- Feedback from facilitators and peers.
- Assignments between live sessions to begin applying the lessons and complete your A3.
- Opportunities to practice discrete skills with live feedback.
Optional One-on-One Coaching Sessions
Achieve an even deeper level of learning by taking personal coaching sessions with the class instructor.
These optional, half-hour sessions happen at three critical points as you create an A3 in the workshop:
- completion of the problem situation/current situation section;
- completion of the analysis section and whole left side;
- creation of recommended countermeasures and an implementation plan at the start of the right side.
Personal coaching gives you individual “just-in-time” assistance on your challenges in a private, completely safe online space to share and ask questions.
One-on-one coaching with the instructor will increase your professional skills and value to the company. And all three sessions are only $499.
Buy One-on-One Coaching »
Who Should Attend
- Managers, supervisors or executives who want to develop the structured problem-solving, hypothesis-testing, and fact-based, decision-making skills of teams
- Continuous improvement or change management professionals involved in leading major change improvement initiatives
- HR professionals who wish to develop a curriculum and teach introduce structured problem solving and fact-based decision-making skills within their organization
Register three or more students from your organization and save 12.5% off every registration. This discount will be automatically applied at checkout when you register your group.
- Communication Channel: All our documents and assignments will be hosted on a browser-based platform. By logging onto our e-learning website, you will be able to view all related materials, announcements, and zoom links.
- Zoom: We will host our live meetings on zoom. You will receive an invitation with the meeting link.
You can cancel your registration for online/live-streaming workshops two weeks before the course’s start date for a full refund. A cancellation occurring within two weeks of the workshop dates will be subject to a $350 fee. Once you have attended a workshop session, you cannot cancel your registration. To cancel, please call LEI at (617) 871-2900.