Lean Events and Training / Events / Key Concepts of Lean Management Remotely
Key Concepts of Lean Management Remotely
Get a proper introduction to lean management.
There’s no better way to learn lean thinking than to practice it under the guidance of a veteran coach. In this course, a unique combination of instruction and hands-on exercises, you’ll get that opportunity.
Using an immersive learning method, the coach will present an overview of the concept, assign exercises to do at your workplace, and coach you through your efforts. Additionally, the coach will organize peer-to-peer discussion sessions (so everyone benefits from each other’s insights) and review case studies of companies that have benefited from lean management.
By the end of the course, you will have completed a gap analysis identifying problems you need to address in your situation. This analysis will inform your initial action plan as you adopt lean management practices.
Major topics you will study include:
- Key Concepts of Lean
- Learning to See Through Work Observation
- Job Breakdown and Job Instruction
- Standardized Work
- Problem-Solving and Role of Leader
- Daily Management
- Responsibilities of a Lean Leader
Register two or more students from your organization and save 12.5% off every registration. This discount will be automatically applied at checkout when you register your group.
You can cancel your registration for online/live-streaming workshops two weeks before the course’s start date for a full refund. A cancellation occurring within two weeks of the workshop dates will be subject to a $350 fee. Once you have attended a workshop session, you cannot cancel your registration. To cancel, please email LEI at firstname.lastname@example.org or call LEI at (617) 871-2900
By completing this course, you will:
- Understand the foundation and history of lean thinking and practice.
- Appreciate the positive impact lean management can have on an organization.
- Learn the essential lean management behaviors and methods.
- Enhance your leadership and lean skills and capability.
- Gain real-world experience practicing each of the eight essential concepts.
- Understand the current state of your lean management skills and what you need to do to achieve the target state you experienced within the course.
Who Should Attend
- Explorers who want to validate whether lean management is right for you and your company.
- Beginners who want an overview, hands-on experience, and guidance in the initial stages of adopting lean management.
- Early-stage adopters who want to accelerate their adoption after trying and achieving moderate success using a few lean management practices.
- Seven two-hour sessions hosted over seven weeks (14 hours of live, online learning and coaching)
- Feedback from facilitators and your peers
- Assignments between live sessions to begin applying the lessons
- Opportunities to practice discrete skills with live feedback
Please click here to run through our technology check before registering for this course.
- Communication Channel: All your documents and assignments will be hosted on a browser-based platform. By logging onto the e-learning website, you will be able to view all related materials, announcements, and zoom links.
- Zoom: All of our live meetings will be hosted on zoom. You will receive an invitation with the meeting link.
- SharePoint: We will use SharePoint as a collaboration space for the course, which will allow you to build hoshin materials with your simulation teams.
Register two or more students from your organization and save 12.5% off every registration. You register a group here.
You can cancel your registration for online/live-streaming workshops two weeks before the course start date for a full refund. A cancellation occurring within two weeks of the workshop dates will be subject to a $350 fee. Once you have attended a workshop session, you cannot cancel your registration. To cancel, please call LEI at (617) 871-2900 or email email@example.com.
Senior Coach, Lean Enterprise Institute
Karen has over 30 years of experience leading, training, and developing the capability of team members and executives in rapid-growth environments. Most recently, she’s coached clients in various industries as they adopt lean thinking and practices. They include Microsoft (data center construction), Legal Seafood (hospitality); TriMark (distribution); Abiomed (medical research and device manufacturing), and the […]Read more about Karen Gaudet
Executive Director, Partnerships and Senior Coach, Lean Enterprise Institute
Lara Anderson is a trainer and coach supporting organizations of all sizes to improve their operations and develop their people so they can deliver more of what their customers value. Since 2014, she has been fortunate to support many of LEI’s co-learning partners across a wide-range of industries including healthcare, retail, supply chain and construction. […]Read more about Lara Anderson
Bring Our Practical, How-to Training to Your Company
Leadership Coaching and Custom Training
April 10, 2023 | Online Live Course
Improvement Kata/Coaching Kata RemotelyLearn more
April 17, 2023 | Online Live Course
Developing Structured Problem-Solving and Leadership Skills using A3 Thinking: Managing to Learn RemotelyLearn more
April 21, 2023 | Online Live Course