In the latest episode of the WLEI podcast, we explore the topic of organizational change with Dr. Lynn Kelley, former vice president of supply chain and continuous improvement at Union Pacific Railroad and author of the new book Change Questions.
Kelley posits that there is no such thing as a fixed plan for a successful transformation. Leaders must approach change situationally, recognizing they face unique challenges no single method could address. In her book, she proposes a series of questions that methodically guide management to implement change and measure its impact:
- What is your value-driven purpose?
- What is the work to be done to achieve the purpose or to solve the problem?
- How will you engage and develop employees?
- How will you establish a supportive management system with the appropriate leader behaviors?
- What are your organization’s beliefs, values, norms, attitudes and assumptions?
By grappling with these questions, leaders will be able to design and implement a lasting transformation that leads to better business outcomes and engaged employees.
To learn more about the book and download a free digital workbook, check out www.changequestions.net
Lean Summit 2024
Join the Lean Community in sharing information and insights that will reenergize your — and our collective — efforts to make things better through lean thinking and practice.