Understanding Lean Transformation (1 Day Class)
Through instruction, discussion, and exercises, workshop participants will:.
- Learn the five basic dimensions of individual and organizational change
- Gain insights into key elements of a lean organization and the Lean Transformation Framework (LTF)
- Practice using the LTF with multiple case studies
- Reflect upon your own situation according to the LTF
- Use the LTF's five questions to begin thinking about your own transformation
Our customers, external and internal, have rising expectations. To meet that challenge we must continuously improve, i.e. transform, for higher levels of performance.
LEI has studied transformation for several decades. We have learned that successful transformation at any level, be it organizational or individual, calls for a situational approach that is based on innovating key dimensions through addressing a series of questions:
- What is our purpose, what value to create or what situational problem(s) are we trying to solve?
- How are we improving the actual work?
- What capabilities are needed and how will they be developed?
- What management system and leadership behaviors are required?
- What basic thinking, mindset, or assumptions will be needed for this transformation?
These questions add up to the Lean Transformation Framework (LTF):
But, while the transformation framework is situational, it also represents a celar point of view that is based in lean thinking. LEI believes that each question must be addressed or the transformation is headed for trouble.
The purpose of this workshop is to provide you with an understanding of the Lean Transformation Framework and to help you get started with using it as a guide for your own transformation.
First, you learn about the overall framework and each dimension. Then, you will explore its use through multiple case studies, guided by an experienced lean transformation coach. And finally, you will begin using it for your own unique situation.
Who should attend:
- Organizational executives and leaders
- Improvement and strategy leaders
Sign up to be notified about future offerings of this workshop
Bring this workshop to your company with On-Site Training Learn more »