Coaching Problem-Solving in Huddles and Team Meetings (1 Day Class)
Check out these other workshops on coaching from David verble; Developing People with Capability for Lean, Developing People with Capability for Lean, and New! Lessons in A3 Thinking: What Porter Learned in Managing to Learn coming to Seattle in November.
As more service and industrial companies emphasize continuous improvement (CI) activities by teams of associates and staff at huddle boards or in Rapid Improvement Events (RIEs), pressure is increasing on team leaders and CI facilitators to deliver better and better results.
If you are a leader, process owner, manager, or CI professional responsible for leading and coaching in huddles and RIE teams, this workshop will help you reach the next level of success, which depends on precisely identifying problems and using rapid experiments to uncover root causes. You’ll learn how to:
- Recognize and describe problems with the clarity and precision required for effective and sustainable problem solving, based on the scientific method of plan-do-check-act.
- Identify the waste and problems in work flows that are the major contributors to performance issues in delivering quality services and products.
- Learn how to ask open inquiry questions to help team members become more aware of their problem-solving habits and develop the skills they need to become more effective problem-solving thinkers
- Recognize when teams are using assumptions or jumping to conclusions so you can ask the right questions to slow them down and avoid mistakes and delays.
- Be a much more effective coach by avoiding the common pitfall of unconsciously taking over the problem-solving thinking from the team.
- Facilitate problem solving in a way that both engages associates and staff while delivering the business improvement goals of your organizations.
Bring a Problem
Bring examples of the problem statements and improvement ideas you typically lead teams in working with. Discussions and practice activities will involve exploring techniques and skills for facilitating effective problem solving thinking using these examples. The aim of this session is to increase your capability and confidence in performing in your critical and demanding continuous improvement role.
Who Should Attend
Team leaders, process owners, managers, or CI professionals responsible for leading and coaching in huddles and RIE teams
Sign up to be notified when this workshop is available in your area
Bring this workshop to your company with On-Site Training Learn more »