Integrating Visual Management Tools and Leader Standard Work (2 Day Class)
By the end of this workshop participants will be able to:
- See and begin to understand abnormalities in order to respond and improve business performance
- Identify and begin to remove waste from critical processes, resulting in improved productivity
- Support efforts to align the organization around what is most important to customers
- Improve transparency through involving others
- Demonstrate an understanding of the impact visual management has in support of Leader Standard Work
This engaging and highly practical workshop will demonstrate how to connect company strategies with leadership standard work through the use of visual management tools and techniques. It will show how to tie together such tools as policy deployment, value-stream mapping, kaizen, visual management, and leader standard work. Participants should identify an area in their organization for which a VMS and Leader Standard Work can be developed to help overcome existing challenges in the area. It can be a specific department, a particular value stream, even an entire organization. Throughout the workshop they will use their learnings to design customized visual systems and accompanying leader standard work for that area.
This workshop will be unique to each participant, based on the real-life business area they have identified. At key points of the workshop, time is allotted to carry out exercises on how learned concepts can be applied to the identified area.
Day 1: Visual Management
What is visual management and how does it support a Lean Management System?
- Elements of Lean Management System
- The role of Visual Management and Leader Standard Work
The case for visual management
- Selecting a ‘starting point’
Elements of a comprehensive visual management system:
- Providing purpose and direction
- Making the ‘work’ visible
- The triggering of work
- Standardized work
- Making performance visible
- Process and Outcome metrics
- Other techniques
- Escalating non-standard conditions
- Other techniques
- Driving Continuous Improvement
Day 2: Leadership standard work
- What is leadership standard work & why is it necessary?
- Creating Leader Standard Work – the process
- ‘Running the business’
- ‘Improving the business’
- Planning the implementation of both the visual management system and leadership standard work throughout the organization
- Tiered systems
- Finalizing participants’ action plans for implementation
Who Should Attend:
- Anyone in a leadership role - from supervisor to C-suite level
- Lean practitioners desiring to achieve next-level results through sustained gains and subsequent change efforts
To maximize your learning experience we recommend that prior to attending this program you take following workshops or have a good understanding of the concepts presented within them.
Sign up to be notified when this workshop is available in your area
Bring this workshop to your company with On-Site Training Learn more »