Improvement Kata Experience (1 Day Class)
This interactive experiential workshop offers the content and activities from day 1 of our three-day Improvement Kata/Coaching Kata program with the intent to demonstrate two core Kata routines through hands-on practice.
Improvement Kata is a brilliantly innovative management system that provides the means to achieve two equally important objectives:
- A methodology to achieve challenging objectives that are currently beyond a team's ability to reach, and…
- Developing managers and leaders as coaches for creating a culture of continuous improvement, adaption, and innovation. This is done through simple, easy-to-teach, time-efficient, daily routines.
Based on Mike Rother's award winning book, Toyota Kata, this 1-Day course provides a unique mix of theory and a hefty dose of hands-on practice. This intensive course provides a deep dive into two fundamental behavior patterns at the core of the Improvement Kata methodology:
- The 5-Question Coaching Dialog, and
- Rapid PDCA Cycles.
Attendees gain direct insight into the power of these methods through repeated personal practice. At the heart of the training experience is a challenge that requires a high level of ingenuity and continuous improvement, on the spot, real time. Small teams work together striving to achieve ever higher levels of performance using the Improvement Kata methods, thereby gaining familiarity with those methods.
- Provide an introduction to the core routines, mindset, and behavioral practices of Toyota Kata.
- Allow participants to experience the core routines of the Improvement Kata through interactive exercises
- Examine / explore how Improvement Kata is different from other management systems
- Understand how leaders and managers can create a lasting culture of continuous improvement
through simple, easy-to-use, time efficient daily routines
- Develop familiarity and a budding sense of confidence with two essential Improvement Kata methods: the 5-Question Coaching Dialog and Rapid PDCA Cycles.
Senior managers, leaders and managers from all industries and businesses that have been implementing lean and/or interested in creating a sustainable culture of continuous improvement through use of the cutting-edge management methodology of Improvement Kata.