Lean Leadership: a continuing series of interviews with senior executives on how they lead in a lean culture
In a continuing series of articles on the challenges of leading and sustaining lean transformations, the Lean Enterprise Institute will interview executives from a variety of companies to learn how they changed the ways they managed and led in order to create lean cultures. Here are the interviews to date in alphabetical order:
- Dan Ariens, CEO of Ariens Co
- Gary Berndt, C-level executive at automotive, food, building products, power generation, and aeronautics companies
- Jack Billi, M.D., associate dean and associate vice president for medical affairs University of Michigan Medical School
- Derek Browning, lean deployment executive, LeanCor
- C.J. Buck, CEO of Buck Knives
- Jerry Bussell, co-founder of the Jacksonville Lean Consortium and former vice president of Global Operations at Medtronic Surgical Technologies
- Robert Chapman, chairman and CEO of Barry-Wehmiller
- Thomas Hartman, Senior Director, Autoliv Americas
- Bill Hopkins, Akron Children’s Hospital board member and former vice president, technology/strategic initiatives, at Goodyear
- Michael Hoseus, co-author with Jeffrey Liker of Toyota Culture; former general manager at Toyota Motor Manufacturing, KY
- Jay Johnson, president, Plumbers Supply Company
- Hank McHale, manufacturing CEO
- Gary Peterson, executive vice president, supply chain and production, O.C. Tanner
- Chris Vogel, senior vice president, Wells Fargo Home and Consumer Finance
- Karl Wadensten, president, VIBCO
- John Wilson, executive vice president of manufacturing, New Balance Athletic Shoe, Inc
- Lisa Yerian, MD, director of Hepatobiliary Pathology, medical director of continuous improvement, Cleveland Clinic
- Joel Zeller, director of logistics for Polaris Industries and Robert Martichenko, LEI faculty member
Other relevant links:
Lean Leadership: Through the Transformation and Beyond
The purpose of this interactive one-day program is to facilitate a discussion with senior leaders about the challenges and obstacles they face implementing change relative to the lean transformation. The program will further address the roles, responsibilities and competencies of senior leaders that support the implementation of lean.
Andon Cues Service Center to Respond to Customer Queue
An Ohio Mutual service center has no andon cord to stop a production line but the principal is the same as in a factory -- an abnormality has occurred, take corrective action.
When A3s Get Personal
Think A3s are just for organizational problems? Think again. Katie Anderson discusses how to adapt A3 thinking to guide our personal development.
Lean Leadership at Legal Sea Foods: An Interview with Roger Berkowitz
Watch the video to hear Legal Sea Foods CEO Roger Berkowitz explain the effects lean has has on his own personal leadership style, plus the culture of Legal Sea Foods as a whole.