Lean Leadership: a continuing series of interviews with senior executives on how they lead in a lean culture
In a continuing series of articles on the challenges of leading and sustaining lean transformations, the Lean Enterprise Institute will interview executives from a variety of companies to learn how they changed the ways they managed and led in order to create lean cultures. Here are the interviews to date in alphabetical order:
- Dan Ariens, CEO of Ariens Co
- Gary Berndt, C-level executive at automotive, food, building products, power generation, and aeronautics companies
- Jack Billi, M.D., associate dean and associate vice president for medical affairs University of Michigan Medical School
- Derek Browning, lean deployment executive, LeanCor
- C.J. Buck, CEO of Buck Knives
- Jerry Bussell, co-founder of the Jacksonville Lean Consortium and former vice president of Global Operations at Medtronic Surgical Technologies
- Robert Chapman, chairman and CEO of Barry-Wehmiller
- Thomas Hartman, Senior Director, Autoliv Americas
- Bill Hopkins, Akron Children’s Hospital board member and former vice president, technology/strategic initiatives, at Goodyear
- Michael Hoseus, co-author with Jeffrey Liker of Toyota Culture; former general manager at Toyota Motor Manufacturing, KY
- Jay Johnson, president, Plumbers Supply Company
- Hank McHale, manufacturing CEO
- Gary Peterson, executive vice president, supply chain and production, O.C. Tanner
- Chris Vogel, senior vice president, Wells Fargo Home and Consumer Finance
- Karl Wadensten, president, VIBCO
- John Wilson, executive vice president of manufacturing, New Balance Athletic Shoe, Inc
- Lisa Yerian, MD, director of Hepatobiliary Pathology, medical director of continuous improvement, Cleveland Clinic
- Joel Zeller, director of logistics for Polaris Industries and Robert Martichenko, LEI faculty member
Other relevant links:
Lean Leadership: Through the Transformation and Beyond
The purpose of this interactive one-day program is to facilitate a discussion with senior leaders about the challenges and obstacles they face implementing change relative to the lean transformation. The program will further address the roles, responsibilities and competencies of senior leaders that support the implementation of lean.
Align Your Continuous Improvement Efforts: Practical Tips from 4 CEOs in 4 Major Business Sectors
Four CEOs who are leading lean management voices in the critical economic sectors of manufacturing, supply chain, healthcare, and education, offer advice on aligning your continuous improvement effort during the Virtual Lean Learning Experience conference.
Lean Management Leaders Weigh in on Climate Change, Coronavirus, Innovation, and More
Jim Womack, founding CEO of the nonprofit Lean Enterprise Institute (LEI), and Jim Morgan, an experienced product development executive, explained how lean management practices could solve today’s toughest challenges during keynotes at a conference organized by LEI.
Quick and Practical Tips for Effective Virtual Process Mapping
In the wake of new lockdowns to halt the spread of the coronavirus, companies need ways for home-based team members and coaches to collaborate online to improve processes. So, in a recent webinar for product developers in the Lean Product and Process Development group, Coach John Drogosz demonstrated practical tips that you can use now for virtually mapping a process when the facilitator and team members are all working remotely.