Thank you for your interest in contributing to the Post! Please review the guidelines below. You will be asked to submit a headshot and short bio with your piece. Please note that not all submissions will appear on The Lean Post.
- Submitted articles should share a story of lean thinking and practice, present a new idea, or raise a question related to the value of lean thinking and practice in the world today. We are seeking new stories of lean application and impact as well as thought-leading content intended to push the conversation on lean thinking and practice forward. Articles must address needs, problems, and challenges in the lean community.
- Length: 500-700 words preferred. No longer than 1000 words.
- Provide a compelling title. LEI editors will use author-suggested titles whenever possible, but will make the final call on titles.
- You are responsible for fact checking and proofreading. LEI editors will give your piece an edit and in some cases work with you to develop your piece, but please submit complete drafts.
Include links to document facts and give credit where it's due.
Note: Hyperlinks must be included using BBCode syntax since HTML tags are not allowed in article text. For example:
To include a link that looks like this: Use this syntax: https://www.lean.org/LeanPost/ [url]https://www.lean.org/LeanPost/[/url] The Lean Post [url=https://www.lean.org/LeanPost/]The Lean Post[/url]
Provide at least one image to go with your article. We will use your image whenever possible, but will make the final call on images.
Required Image Dimensions Width: 930 pixels (or larger) Height: 340 pixels (or larger)
- Stand-alone videos with a brief intro will also be accepted as posts. Videos should be under 5 minutes long. Acceptable file types include .mov, .avi, .mp4, and .wmv. Please keep file sized under 500 MB. If you have questions about other file types, email email@example.com.
- You are welcome to share resources and upcoming events in your piece, but we will not accept promotional articles highlighting products and services.
- Please have fun with your piece; a break from the norm is always welcome!
- Questions or suggestions about content? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Meet the team.
- LEI may republish your article at will in any venue in the future.
- You may republish your Lean Post article, if accepted, on your own blog or website with a note (and active link) at the top: "Originally published at The Lean Post."