Standard Work Process Study Sheet
The Process Study Sheet is used to define and record the time for work elements in a process. Before timing, opbserve and list the work elements required to produce one element. Then observe and define the actual time required for each individual work element.
- Collect real times at the process.
- Position yourself so you can see the operator's hand motions.
- Time each work element seperately.
- Time several cycles of each work element.
- Observe an operator who is qualified to perform the job.
- Always seperate operator time and machine time.
- Select the lowest repeatable time for each element.
- Remember shop floor courtesy.
Kaizen Express, from which this example is taken, is a concise, precise illustrated guide to the fundamentals of the Toyota Production System and how to implement them. It is ideal for individuals or teams starting a lean transformation or in need of a quick refresher on the fundamental concepts of lean manufacturing.
- Five Missing Pieces in Your Standardized Work (Part 1 of 3) »
- Five Missing Pieces in Your Standardized Work (Part 2 of 3) »
- Five Missing Pieces in Your Standardized Work (Part 3 of 3) »
- Implementing Standardized Work at ThyssenKrupp in Brazil »
Mike Kobashi; Sammy Obara
Mike Kobashi; Sammy Obara; Mark Reich; Art Smalley
Toshiko Narusawa and John Shook